Home

Week 8: Vikings @ Patriots

This is a discussion on Week 8: Vikings @ Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #41
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 8: Vikings @ Patriots

LMAO @ Scott.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 47
I disagree, but that is cool, Revis. The Vikings have a chance to win this game so it should be a fun game to watch.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
LMAO @ Scott.
I am actually laughing at you guys that say Moss will not go down as one of the greatest patriot ever. Especially after setting the record for TD's as a Pats. And making Tom Brady a stat whore QB. But that is cool if the Pats won it all that one year. I pretty sure you would see streets named after Moss.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't think they'll give Moss any type of reception honestly. Neither cheers or boos. It's not like he's "one of theirs" or a big part of Patriots history.

As for the game, HUGE for the Vikings. If they can manage to win this game, they should be able to win their next two against Chicago and Arizona. That'd put them over .500 and very much in the thick of things in the NFC.

Regarding Favre's streak, as I said in another thread, he should give it up for the benefit of the team. I do think Jackson is the better option at this point. That said, I wonder if he'll start the game, play the first series(or even just the first play) and leave, just to keep the streak going. You see it happen all the time, but usually only in games that don't matter(such as late season games where a team has everything locked up).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I am actually laughing at you guys that say Moss will not go down as one of the greatest patriot ever. Especially after setting the record for TD's as a Pats. And making Tom Brady a stat whore QB. But that is cool if the Pats won it all that one year. I pretty sure you would see streets named after Moss.
Please find where ANYBODY IN THIS THREAD that said he will not go down as one of the greatest Patriots ever? Is that too much to ask from you? PLEASE find that.

It shouldn't even be at this point because all ONE person said(Revis)was that Moss is not a "big part" of the Patriots history when compared to guys like Bruschi, McGinnest, Law, Milloy, or Brady. You know, guys that actually played most, if not all of their career in NE. THAT's what Revis meant by that and for some reason, you took that as people saying Moss is not one of the greatest Patriots ever. Why? Only in the head of Scott does he know why but nobody else will never understand that.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #45
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Please find where ANYBODY IN THIS THREAD that said he will not go down as one of the greatest Patriots ever? Is that too much to ask from you? PLEASE find that.

It shouldn't even be at this point because all ONE person said(Revis)was that Moss is not a "big part" of the Patriots history when compared to guys like Bruschi, McGinnest, Law, Milloy, or Brady. You know, guys that actually played most, if not all of their career in NE. THAT's what Revis meant by that and for some reason, you took that as people saying Moss is not one of the greatest Patriots ever. Why? Only in the head of Scott does he know why but nobody else will never understand that.
For even more clarity, Revis' comment was to explain his belief that there won't be much of a reaction to Moss' return. So even in saying Moss isn't a "big part" of Patriot history, he's really only saying that he hadn't been there long enough to have an effect on the fans for them to have an emotional reaction to his return one way or another... and even added that the thought is based on a comparison to his coming back to the Vikings.

Scott, if you stop looking at it from the perspective you created, everything makes perfect sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Exactly. Me personally, when I think of Moss the first thing that'll come to my head was when he was in Minnesota since he basically made us his ***** everytime we played him for 7 years. That to me stands out MORE than what he did in NE.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #47
Banned

If Moss won a superbowl and they went undefeated. Moss would be remembered as a Pats more in the grand scheme. Proff the reason you say Vikings is because he ripped your team a new one when they played games. I still stand behind what I said. People that help a team win a championship will be remembered. If the Giants win a world series. Trust me Cody Ross will go down on Giants history.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #48
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
If Moss won a superbowl and they went undefeated. Moss would be remembered as a Pats more in the grand scheme. Proff the reason you say Vikings is because he ripped your team a new one when they played games. I still stand behind what I said. People that help a team win a championship will be remembered. If the Giants win a world series. Trust me Cody Ross will go down on Giants history.
Which is kind of proving Revis' point that he WON'T be remembered as much as other Patriots?

Either way, there will be a HUGE reaction for Moss this weekend. I actually expect more cheers than boos, at least during intros. They'll boo every catch he makes though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »