Home

Here to stay? Or fade away?

This is a discussion on Here to stay? Or fade away? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #25
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Here to stay? Or fade away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Well, if it's record wise, we should be on the list anyway. Last year, 2-14, this year 2-5 with winnable games ahead. Thats an improvement already.
They haven't had the big "turn around" that say KC or St. Louis could conceivably have. If this list was done next year Detroit would probably be on it.

I'll tell you something though, the Lions WILL be a playoff team next year in my humble opinion.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM   #26
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Well, if it's record wise, we should be on the list anyway. Last year, 2-14, this year 2-5 with winnable games ahead. Thats an improvement already.
I think it's clear that the OP made the thread in reference to the surprising teams leading or in contention to win their division, and whether they will do it or not. No slight to Detroit was meant. You guys did get robbed in Chicago and probably should be 3-4 already though. But close losses are still losses, it's not the BCS.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 11-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 17

If Detroit protected their QB, maybe they wouldn't have two wins. That's why they're not on my list. The talent is there, they just need the offensive lineman/linemen.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #28
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Our O-line is ranked 9th in the league. Steelers are ranked 16th. In fact, our O-line is ranked above New England, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Tennessee, who have better records and much better players.

Once again, at the end of the day the record is the only thing that matters. But stats are sometimes just as important. I don't play Fantasy Football, but if I did, there's no way I'm going to start or pick up a player just because I think his good. Have to look at the stats to know his good, or will make a difference.

And Steelers have again given up 15 sack so far. Detroit are only on 12. Not a big difference, but the stats speak for themselves.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #29
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

For the Seahawks to stick around they gotta have LT Russell Okung healthy. Their offensive line has been riddled with injuries most of the year, hindering their ability to do anything with the football, and their defense is nowhere near strong enough to support them. They just lost starting guard Ben Hamilton for the year and if Okung isn't there it only makes matters worse.

I think they'll stay rather than fade away, but at the same time if the pocket keeps on collapsing on Matt Hasselbeck like it's been doing he's gonna end up on injured reserve, and the Seahawks will be looking more like a 6-10 team.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #30
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
...I think they'll stay rather than fade away, but at the same time if the pocket keeps on collapsing on Matt Hasselbeck like it's been doing he's gonna end up on injured reserve, and the Seahawks will be looking more like a 6-10 team.
Already starting to fade away???

Still need Okung in there to help with the run game, regardless of how much Hasselbeck plays the rest of the year. But man, without Hasselbeck their chances drop off significantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »