Home

Vick and Eagles

This is a discussion on Vick and Eagles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 AM   #73
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Vick and Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
What gets overlooked in the Vick talk because of his newfound ability to actually play the position of quarterback or his running ability, and to me one of the most impressive things about him this year, is his ball security.

His fumble tonight was his first turnover all year. No INT's, and now just the one lost fumble. I've watched enough Brett Favre in my life to know that turnovers kill you, and right now Vick flat out isn't committing them. That, to me, is just as impressive as everything else about his game this year.
And had he been Peyton Manning and got the illegal hit to the head penalty that number would be zero. Im not letting it go.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:29 AM   #74
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
What gets overlooked in the Vick talk because of his newfound ability to actually play the position of quarterback or his running ability, and to me one of the most impressive things about him this year, is his ball security.

His fumble tonight was his first turnover all year. No INT's, and now just the one lost fumble. I've watched enough Brett Favre in my life to know that turnovers kill you, and right now Vick flat out isn't committing them. That, to me, is just as impressive as everything else about his game this year.
Well said. I can't think of another QB who wouldn't have turned the ball over at least once with that pressure the Giants were bringing

Which brings me t this: Yea I'm saying Vick had an average game and stuff, but I think it was a product of playing against a GREAT defense

Old 11-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
Well said. I can't think of another QB who wouldn't have turned the ball over at least once with that pressure the Giants were bringing

Which brings me t this: Yea I'm saying Vick had an average game and stuff, but I think it was a product of playing against a GREAT defense
I wouldn't say that defense is great. But they are athletic up front and they do get to the QB well even when bringing just 4 guys. That defense matches up with Vick's style of play particularly well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #76
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan

Agreed with both posts.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #77
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Well I mean if it wasn't for a few drops his average game would have looked like a great game seeing as he would have at least had 2 passing TDs. Reminded me of when he played on the Falcons an Peerless Price would drop TD passes.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think he had a very good game, he and the eagles need to really do something different in the red zone. The Colts and Gaints should have been blown out, both games should have been over in the first half. They move the ball so well then go into self-destruct mode once they cross the 20.

LOL as a matter of fact they drive it down to the 1 or 3 then its down hill from there. FG after FG drives me crazy.

Other than that Vick still solid.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #79
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
And had he been Peyton Manning and got the illegal hit to the head penalty that number would be zero. Im not letting it go.
I thought i was the only one who saw that. smacked him right on his facemask right before he stripped the ball.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #80
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

our lousy oline brought this on too, Vick has played great, but if the oline wasnt trash, he never would have got to play. Kolb with time to throw is a great qb, kolb with the eagles oline is a scrub. Vics natural speed calms down the pass rush and when he is rushed his athletic ability buys him time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »