Home

How do you beat the Pats?

This is a discussion on How do you beat the Pats? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: How do you beat the Pats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I'm sorry, not gonna take this off-topic too bad, but Brady the greatest QB of all time? It's all the system, just like Montana in Bill Walsh's hands. It wouldn't matter who the Pats have back there (Matt Cassell did just fine with zero NFL, or even college, starting experience), their team is built for successful, low-risk, high-reward football. I think Brady is solid, but on any other team he's just an average NFL starter.
Your statement is way off topic. The same Matt Cassell that is potentially leading the Chiefs to the playoffs? Who is currently having a better year than a number of qb's, that Matt Cassell?

Let's get you back on topic, every qb plays within a system, except for maybe Big Ben. The key is can you win with your system. Montana won with his system, Brady wins with his system.

If you think just any qb can win 4SB's (Montana), throw with pin pointed accuracy in the driving snow consistently (Brady) maintain ten years of excellence with various no named wr's. Yeah, I would say you are way off topic and should probably stick to discussing camel jockying rather than what makes a great nfl qb.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #34
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

QB's have a system in place but who's responsibility is it to study it, build chemistry with the rest of the offense, then actually go out on the field and execute it? If you look at some of the top QBs in the league right now in Brady,Manning, Brees,Rivers,etc. you'll see good systems in place but you can't tell me some of the crazy accurate throws they make are the result of a system. A system doesn't produce those type of throws.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #35
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Come up with a defensive scheme not even Belichick could figure out I suppose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Your post was spot on until the last sentence. Saying he'd be average on another team is ridiculous.
There is nothing spot on about that post, it has a spot alright. C'mon, Z. Brady is one of if not the greatest qb's of all time because of how he performs within his system.

Every qb has a system, the key is can you win with it consistently. Brady has done more with less than any qb you can name. It is not the system it is him. Systems don't throw lasers in blizzards, c'mon man!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
There is nothing spot on about that post, it has a spot alright. C'mon, Z. Brady is one of if not the greatest qb's of all time because of how he performs within his system.

Every qb has a system, the key is can you win with it consistently. Brady has done more with less than any qb you can name. It is not the system it is him. Systems don't throw lasers in blizzards, c'mon man!
His overall point was spot on which is something most people don't realize. There are QB's who can play in any system because they're just that good and then there are others who can only shine in 1 particular system, Brady might be the latter. I don't know. What I do know, which is what he pointed out, is that the Pats are built for low risk, high reward football. It is a very QB friendly system.

And please don't give me that no name WR crap. They don't need other worldly talent at receiver to be successful under the system they run, which is exactly why they don't spend the big bucks on receivers except for the 1 year they went after Moss.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Yep. To me, the only teams in the AFC that can beat the Pats are, not trying to be a homer, a healthy Colts team and maybe the Chargers. You have to be able to pressure Brady, but more importantly you have to be able to score enough points. If the Pats get to the Super Bowl, the Eagles and Saints would be their biggest threats.
Nah, a healthy Colts team was down 31-14 last year in Indy and had to get a "favorable" spot to pull that game out. A not so healthy colts team was down 31-14 in Fxbro and your boy threw a pick to end that game. Point being, whether the colts are healthy or not they seem to always get down big against the Pats. The key is how many times do you think they can keep coming back?

This year if they are fortunate enough to get to the playoffs, if they go to fxboro, I doubt they win, healthy or not. Would be a good game though.

The key to beating the Pats is the other team not turning the ball over, you have to make their defense have to play for 45 min. This would put equal pressure on both offenses to score consistently, in that scenerio any team can win based on which offense makes the most plays.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Yup, I've heard this song and dance before... And the results were the same, a crash and burn in the playoffs.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
His overall point was spot on which is something most people don't realize. There are QB's who can play in any system because they're just that good and then there are others who can only shine in 1 particular system, Brady might be the latter. I don't know. What I do know, which is what he pointed out, is that the Pats are built for low risk, high reward football. It is a very QB friendly system.

And please don't give me that no name WR crap. They don't need other worldly talent at receiver to be successful under the system they run, which is exactly why they don't spend the big bucks on receivers except for the 1 year they went after Moss.
Like I said. He has no point. And if you honestly believe that Brady can only play in one system, then you need to take up the finer points of Camel jockying as well and leave qb discussions to others. Could Montana have played in another system? Yes, and he did. He almost led the chiefs to the SB one year. Brady reads defenses and hits the open receiver, what would make you think he could not do that on any other team? At a high level with bigger and better wr's. You are not making sense.

Your boy Peyton is the one that has to have the perfect system, and you see how he is playing when it breaks down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »