Home

AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Chiefs

This is a discussion on AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Chiefs within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: AFC Wild Card: Ravens @ Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Flacco hasn't really thrown many ints either. As far as Cassell goes, as long as Ed Reed is a go, I see the Ravens D getting in his head a bit... especially since, there is absolutely no way I see Charles (or Jones or anyone else) running successfully. He may not be horrible but if they decide to "unleash" him it'll be a long day. They'd be better going with what they've done all year... trying to pound it a bit with Jones and get a homerun with Charles mixed in. Even still, I have no faith in Cassell and a fairly young Chiefs team that will likely be riding high from finally making the playoffs winning this game. Arrowhead is the one factor that I think legitimately weighs in their favor,

No Reed (or a limited Reed) and things could get interesting, but otherwise I'm about as confident in this victory as I was when the Ravens played the Dolphins in the playoffs not too long ago.
That's not how Charles runs at all. If you actually watch him play he gets 5+ yards more consistently than any back I've ever seen in the NFL. It almost resembles a college running game with the larger ( seemingly) holes to squirt through. Chris Johnson is the one trick homerun pony. Charles is unbelievably consistent AND capable of hitting the homerun. Simply put, Charles is the best back in the league and the Chiefs insistence of giving Jones more carries than him is as baffling as the creation of the pyramids.....
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
That's not how Charles runs at all. If you actually watch him play he gets 5+ yards more consistently than any back I've ever seen in the NFL. It almost resembles a college running game with the larger ( seemingly) holes to squirt through. Chris Johnson is the one trick homerun pony. Charles is unbelievably consistent AND capable of hitting the homerun. Simply put, Charles is the best back in the league and the Chiefs insistence of giving Jones more carries than him is as baffling as the creation of the pyramids.....
Agree 100 percent on all of your post, but the bold really stands out to me. I backed the decision early in the season, thinking they were saving him for a playoff run(or just games late in the season). But the playoff run games came and went, and they were still starting jones and spelling him with charles. This guy is one of, if not THE best backs in the league, yet he gets no recognition cause of the team/market size he plays for/in. I mean, he AVERAGED 6.38 yards a carry this year. No one is talking about it. And he would of had the record, if not for his last carry that he had(only got 1 yard) that dropped his average from 6.42 to 6.38. Imagine a Cowboys RB or Patriots RB doing that? You wouldnt hear the end of it. Its dissapointing that this kid isnt getting the respect from the national media. Hell, he placed 2nd in the league in rushing and he didnt even start! This Sunday better be his time to shine. Feed him the ball till he passes out, and if you cant revive him, give jones some carrys. Let this guy shine in front of the nation.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #51
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I also agree with that bold sentence about Charles. If the chiefs expect to win this game Charles needs to be the featured back.

Last edited by JMD; 01-07-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
What do you guys think the problem is with that O? I don't understand how that offense doesn't consistently move the ball and put up points.
I think the problem for those four games at least was just play calling. We had the lead in all four of those games. The Atlanta game I'd just say we just played really bad and took the lead late, but in NE, Pitt, we were ahead. Against Cincy, the defense kept the Bengals offense out of the endzone the entire game. In NE and Pitt specifically it was play calling. We got the lead and for whatever reason, Cameron took his foot off the gas. No killer instinct, then next thing you know we lost the game. The first Cincy game was on the OL and Flacco. The Atlanta game the OL didn't give Flacco time until late in the game. We took the lead late but by that time the defense was close to 80 snaps and we lost it in the end. Although the Ravens have fielded talent on offense, it still does not play well with the defense. Maybe they are a year away, I'm not sure.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #53
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I...sincerely hope....Ray Ray doesn't catch Charles slippin down the sideline like he did Ahmad Hall...

Lol!@0:18 ..."Haaallll"
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #54
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I doubt the old man will be able to catch Charles.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #55
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Angles and experience > youth and speed. And Lewis, though he's lost a step, is still faster sideline-to-sideline than alot of younger ILB's. I mean I hear ya on Charles, but 52 turns it up in the post-season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #56
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The old man with about 150 tackles? You have no idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »