Home

Tomlinson's Legacy

This is a discussion on Tomlinson's Legacy within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Tomlinson's Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I think that's because he was also a threat in the passing game. Hell, in '03 he had 100 receptions!
Yeah, plus 1,645 yards on the ground with a 5.3 ypc average... and he didn't make the Pro Bowl nor was he named an All-Pro!

That's still one of the biggest robberies of all time.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 27

LT is still a HOF back. I never understand why people get so upset when you point out his shortcomings like his durability issues or some of his sub-standard big game performances. Even Barry Sanders had some weak performances in big games, and one legendary bad performance (-1 yard). It doesn't take away from their overall career in my opinion.

Of course, runningback's legacies are really built more in the regular season than with QB's who are judged moreso on their postseason play from a legacy standpoint.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
LT played on teams that were considered amongst the most talented in the league, with a Pro Bowl level QB and a HOF TE. Barry Sanders played with Scott Mitchell as his best QB. Aside from Herman Moore and maybe Brett Perriman, Sanders never had help or an O-line for that matter. Not even comparable.....
PLEASE do some research in the countless "Best RB of all time" threads before spouting this out; the Lions were actually a pretty good team for a period of time it was not only "Barry" carrying everything.

As for LT, he's definitely a 1st ballot HOF'er but I don't know if he'll be considered in the top 5 discussion but he still has some years left in him.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Stopped at the one yard line in the AFC championship game is how I'll remember him
Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

tomlinson is definitely a hall of famer. i don't think he's a top 5 all-timer, and i would take faulk over him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #22
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The playoffs are a whole different beast. Each play is dissected so much more then even a regular season game, where the stakes are damn high in the first place. His numbers drop off significantly from regular season to postseason, not just in stats but in the amount of touches he got. The Chargers absolutely leaned on him for years, but when the postseason came he was either too beat up from the 16 game pounding or just didn't get the touches (probably a combination of both). The Chargers didn't win too much when they made the playoffs, meaning they likely had to play catchup. Therefore, less running plays for LT.

No, LT will be remembered for his regular season greatness. A side note will be that in the playoffs, he wasn't the dominator he was during the season, but he'll still be a HOF'er and remembered as one of the best backs for a 7 or 8 year stretch. I hope he gets a ring, and he does have time, because he seems like a good person off the field. Great on it, great off it... you gotta root for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elitemajik
Stopped at the one yard line in the AFC championship game is how I'll remember him
You put more stock in one play in a year where he was a part time player than a 7 year stretch where he was the best back in the league?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 29

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »