Home

Aqib Talib (dez bryant's new favorite player)

This is a discussion on Aqib Talib (dez bryant's new favorite player) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #65
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Aqib Talib (dez bryant's new favorite player)

I couldn't care less about trying to persuade anyone that he falls under another label when the simplest one is more than sufficient: stupid.

Also don't have any remorse for him or his family for trying to shoot a guy in the back as he runs away, this isn't A Time to Kill, it's a domestic dispute that Aqib and his mother took it to the next level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #66
Banned

Bumi's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
So the guy was innocent then. Why was he being pistol whipped? So he took the gun to stopped from being pistol whipped? Then because he had that gun the mom started shooting at him? Even if the guy was beating my sister I wouldn't pistol whip him. I might point the gun at him and hope he would leave. Sound a lot like my old neighborhood though.
What do you mean "why was he being pistol whipped"? Um... because he thought it'd be cool to spar with Talib's sister.

And if a guy beat my sister/mother/daughter, I'd shoot em. At least in the knee cap or something so I wouldn't spend the rest of my life in prison. Straight up. And I have no priors. But then, I guess I'm a "thug".(as if firing shots is exclusive to "thugs")

Last edited by Bumi; 03-31-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:11 AM   #67
Banned

Bumi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Whar going after him some other time is not always good too. Some times it is better to the let the law handle this. If this dude is a thug or a bad man he might come back and kill the whole family, because you found him and beat him bad. It happens a lot around here. Sometimes it is better to to let the Law handle it. I have one student that killed someone, because his brother got jumped, so they found the guy and killed him. Then that guys gang went looking for them and shot and killed someone in their gang. It never ends.
Yea, let the law handle it. All they'd make em leave until everything "cooled down", or they'd keep em in a cell for a night. By the next day, he'd be back ready to proceed with mortal combat.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:24 AM   #68

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumi
What do you mean "why was he being pistol whipped"? Um... because he thought it'd be cool to spar with Talib's sister.

And if a guy beat my sister/mother/daughter, I'd shoot em. At least in the knee cap or something so I wouldn't spend the rest of my life in prison. Straight up. And I have no priors. But then, I guess I'm a "thug".(as if firing shots is exclusive to "thugs")
Really, the word thug is just another way of saying criminal IMO...in most cases anyway and in this case...yep your a thug.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #69
Banned

Bumi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
Really, the word thug is just another way of saying criminal IMO...in most cases anyway and in this case...yep your a thug.

For family, it's worth it.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #70
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Yea, let the law handle it. All they'd make em leave until everything "cooled down", or they'd keep em in a cell for a night. By the next day, he'd be back ready to proceed with mortal combat.
Im not sure what the laws are where you are from but the authorities do a pretty good job with domestic violence from what I’ve seen. I would say a good majority of the time it happens again is because the victim goes back to the abuser. I have been involved in domestic violence and was the victim. I had a very crazy ex wife and the police did a wonderful job at doing their job. Now if I went back to her and got beat again then that’s my fault not the police.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-31-2011, 03:20 AM   #71
Banned

Bumi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Im not sure what the laws are where you are from but the authorities do a pretty good job with domestic violence from what I’ve seen. I would say a good majority of the time it happens again is because the victim goes back to the abuser. I have been involved in domestic violence and was the victim. I had a very crazy ex wife and the police did a wonderful job at doing their job. Now if I went back to her and got beat again then that’s my fault not the police.
Your wife beat you up?

That aside. There are a number of aspects in a relationship that render leaving, especially immediately, implausible. Children, for example. Finances, support systems, etc. Furthermore, it's never the victims "fault". Responsibility lies on the shoulders of the perpetrator.

As for the course of action taken by police in matters of domestic violence? Most state laws are less than severe. Most perps receive little more than slaps on the wrists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #72

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
For family, it's worth it.

You need to watch this movie unless you've already seen it. Obviously not gonna change your mind but, it's a good movie nonetheless IMO and reminds me of Talib's situation and what it possibly could have been but, nobody got killed so the consequences are less dramatic.

I wouldn't shoot someone for hitting someone. I mean really if your going to go that far and kill someone or seriously injure someone why not just run them over GTA style with your car. BK knows what I'm talkin' bout lol if I remember correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »