Home

Ravens OL Michael Oher To Todd McShay: "Your A Joke!!"

This is a discussion on Ravens OL Michael Oher To Todd McShay: "Your A Joke!!" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Ravens OL Michael Oher To Todd McShay: "Your A Joke!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I agree in a way with him, some of these guys hear maybe one or 2 negative things/situations about a player and only get to know him with just an interview or 2 which isn't nearly long enough to get to know a person imo.

Dilfer said it best over the draft, every player has some baggage very few players are a saint.
Yea that was a great statement by him..
Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Oh and why is it so popular to knock people because of their spelling and grammar on the freaking Internet. It seems like anytime someone uses poor grammar and spells a few words incorrectly, people have to dwell on that. I'm not trying to catch an attitude or anything but I really am curious. Is it really that serious to some of you?
I just think it gives off a more positive, professional vibe. When I see someone writing out "lol jk ppl dis dat wit smh" it just seems very immature, especially if they're trying to make a serious statement like Oher. I do get the Twitter characater limit, but doesn't it just break it up into two separate Tweets?

As for the issue Oher brings up, I can definitley sympathize with players who may catch a bad rep on hearsay. They are still very young, they make mistakes, and while they should still be held accountable, it sucks to have that follow you around for the rest of your life or affect your draft status (and inevitably, your pay rate).

I see both sides of the issue. The players who feel unjustly labeled, and the draft experts who are trying to project if these players are worth the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #35
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
...As for the issue Oher brings up, I can definitley sympathize with players who may catch a bad rep on hearsay...
Oher was taken off the board by some teams. I think it's pretty safe to say it was more than just hearsay.

And based on these tweats it's pretty clear the guy has some lingering issues. It's unusual for all this to come out now. It would've been unusual for it come out when he was drafted.

For him or any other player to take this stuff personally...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #36
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

McShay's a douche.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Oher was taken off the board by some teams. I think it's pretty safe to say it was more than just hearsay.

And based on these tweats it's pretty clear the guy has some lingering issues. It's unusual for all this to come out now. It would've been unusual for it come out when he was drafted.

For him or any other player to take this stuff personally...
You have to be kidding if you dont understand how a player can take defamation and slander, especially when incorrect, personally.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #38
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

His tweet makes Oher seem like he has character issues.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #39
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Oh and why is it so popular to knock people because of their spelling and grammar on the freaking Internet. It seems like anytime someone uses poor grammar and spells a few words incorrectly, people have to dwell on that. I'm not trying to catch an attitude or anything but I really am curious. Is it really that serious to some of you?
Who knows but it's really stupid to me because people rather ignore the overall point because of a few abbreviated words. God bless those who have never spelled a word wrong one day in their life. Must've been an incredible accomplishment to go through life knowing you've never spelled a word wrong ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I just think it gives off a more positive, professional vibe. When I see someone writing out "lol jk ppl dis dat wit smh" it just seems very immature, especially if they're trying to make a serious statement like Oher. I do get the Twitter characater limit, but doesn't it just break it up into two separate Tweets?

As for the issue Oher brings up, I can definitley sympathize with players who may catch a bad rep on hearsay. They are still very young, they make mistakes, and while they should still be held accountable, it sucks to have that follow you around for the rest of your life or affect your draft status (and inevitably, your pay rate).

I see both sides of the issue. The players who feel unjustly labeled, and the draft experts who are trying to project if these players are worth the risk.
I agree with this as well. However, all he did was use the abbreviated form of the word "people", which isn't that big of a deal. Now if he's writing like how your example with the "LOL YU DUN KNO NOTHINGGG!!!! LOOLLL!!!" then yea, I could understand.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #40
MGK
Banned

OVR: 0

He also used "your" instead of "you're", incorrectly capitalized "Character" and "Law", and misused ellipses.

In addition, he used "was" rather than "were" here:

"What if someone was to talk about your son..."

Still, he had many more punctuation errors.

I'm just sayin'...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »