Home

Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

This is a discussion on Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

Short week. Both teams coming off week one victories in which they just slipped by their opponent.

Last time these two teams played we all witness the infamous Butt Fumble on Thanksgiving Night. Sadly for New England Mark Sanchez will not be under center Thursday night. Instead they get their first look at rookie Geno Smith.

I fully expect Rex and company to put pressure on Brady all game. If the Jets have one thing going for them, it's the defense can still be a problem for other teams.

New England did not look too hot in week one. The defense played well enough, but the offense was a train wreck at time. Losing Shane Vareen is going to hurt an already questionable passing game.

Zach Sudfeld could be out. But who cares?

If Stevan Ridley can keep the ball off the turf and Kenbrell Thompkins can run something that resembles anything that looks like a route we should be able to pull off a win. Remembering you need to have both feet in when catching a ball along the sideline would help it out too.

Expecting a close game. Don't think we see the blowouts we had the last time these two teams faced each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Week 2 Thursday Night Football: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

Looking forward to it.

In theory, we match up better defensively against the Patriots offense than in the past few years. In the past the Jets strength had been the corners and teams like the Pats who liked to spread the ball around to tight ends, backs, and slot receivers gave us problems. Now we are much stronger up front and should hopefully be able to pressure Brady without blitzing huge numbers.

Offensively I don't know what to expect. Night game against the Patriots in their home opener is a tough spot for Geno. Also don't like the quick turnaround, we had 4 guys on offense get banged up in week 1, plus Holmes hasn't practiced much and the foot still may be a concern, and Winslow they've tried to limit how much they use him in practice and games because of his injury history.

Definitely don't expect a win, and I wouldn't be surprised at all at a blowout, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it's a good game and if it's close in the 4th quarter you never know.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Week 2 Thursday Night Football: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

If Gronk is still out, which is looking more and more likely, the Jets win. Brady doesn't have enough chemistry in his new group of receivers.

Smith really impressed me yesterday. Jets were lucky no one was hurt by the cheap and dirty play calling of Schiano. The Jets' defense is still there. Rex Ryan knows what he's doing with the D. The run game, other than Smith is what I would like to see improvement in.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Brady is going to pick on Milliner all game long.

Jets only chance is stopping the run and getting pressure on Brady.

Geno probably way in over his head in this game. Bellicheck will throw him looks that he simply isn't ready for.

I want to say NE blowout. I just don't realistically see how the Jets offense can keep it close.

My guess:
Jets 13
NE 30
Old 09-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

How can you say that Brady doesn't have chemistry with his new receivers? Did you see what he and Amendola did? They systematically broke the BACKS of the Bills yesterday, just like Brady has been doing with (insert guy here) for the last 12 years. It comes to a point where you should never, ever, ever doubt a positive outcome for Brady and the Patriots. It happens too many times in exactly the same fashion to doubt it.

Brady is going to go in dry on the Jets. I don't think New England likes when they have close calls.

Someone probably has to be keeping track of what happens the week after a game in which the Patriots win or lose by, I don't know, 3 points.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 09-09-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah, I'm not optimistic about this game. I don't think it will be a blowout, though. The Pats run game isn't gonna do much against the jets front line but Brady is gonna have a field day.
I think Milliner vs Thompkins could be an interesting matchup, but I'll give Thompkins the edge simply because Brady is throwing the ball to him. Also, Vereen is down so the pats wont have him as a weapon.
As for the Jets on offense, the Pats have a good defense and Geno will be in a hostile environment, so it will be interesting to see how he reacts.
My prediction is 27-16 Patriots on top.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Brady is going to pick on Milliner all game long.

Jets only chance is stopping the run and getting pressure on Brady.

Geno probably way in over his head in this game. Bellicheck will throw him looks that he simply isn't ready for.

I want to say NE blowout. I just don't realistically see how the Jets offense can keep it close.

My guess:
Jets 13
NE 30
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. The Bucs were able to get pressure on Geno sporadically, but they didn't really try anything exotic. Bellichick will mix things up and make sure Geno has to really read some defenses. Big difference between trying to match Josh Freeman and trying to match Brady. Jets struggled to move the ball at all yesterday. I'll be surprised if they can keep up with Brady and Co.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
How can you say that Brady doesn't have chemistry with his new receivers? Did you see what he and Amendola did? They systematically broke the BACKS of the Bills yesterday, just like Brady has been doing with (insert guy here) for the last 12 years. It comes to a point where you should never, ever, ever doubt a positive outcome for Brady and the Patriots. It happens too many times in exactly the same fashion to doubt it.

Brady is going to go in dry on the Jets. I don't think New England likes when they have close calls.

Someone probably has to be keeping track of what happens the week after a game in which the Patriots win or lose by, I don't know, 3 points.
Amendola was the only new skill position player to have any impact yesterday. Thompkins was targeted 14 times and only came away with 4 catches. Sudfeld lost control of the only ball thrown his way, which resulted in an interception.

I know the thought is New England can plug in whoever and be fine, but that is not the case. Plenty of players have come and gone because they could not pick up the offense. We're talking vets who have had success before coming here.

It's true Brady and the young guys on offense have a lot of work to do. The chemistry is not were it needs to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »