Home

Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

This is a discussion on Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 2 Thursday Night Football: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

Don't you worry none. Thompkins will be fine.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 2 Thursday Night Football: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

There are reports of Danny Amedola being out for Thursday's game. Good sign for the Jets.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Brady is going to pick on Milliner all game long.

Jets only chance is stopping the run and getting pressure on Brady.

Geno probably way in over his head in this game. Bellicheck will throw him looks that he simply isn't ready for.

I want to say NE blowout. I just don't realistically see how the Jets offense can keep it close.

My guess:
Jets 13
NE 30
Looks like Amendola will also be out.

Going to have to change my prediction.

Jets 13
NE 17
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

This game could be closer than what most people think, Offensively for New England aside from Brady a lot of the familiar faces we've seen over the years aren't there anymore. I thought they would blow out Buffalo facing a Rookie QB, and the Bills were in it right up until the end.

At this point I still won't pick against Brady at Home, but it will be interesting to see how Geno Smith progresses from his first game which he didn't do all that bad.. especially playing on a short week.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #13
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feared
This game could be closer than what most people think, Offensively for New England aside from Brady a lot of the familiar faces we've seen over the years aren't there anymore. I thought they would blow out Buffalo facing a Rookie QB, and the Bills were in it right up until the end.

At this point I still won't pick against Brady at Home, but it will be interesting to see how Geno Smith progresses from his first game which he didn't do all that bad.. especially playing on a short week.
Buffalo ran the ball against NE.

I don't think Mornhinweg has the discipline to stick with run plays.

And as good as the a Jets front 7 may be, their secondary is extremely undisciplined. That's ripe for Brady regardless of the lack of chemistry he has with his WRs and TEs.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

If the Jets win they will build Geno statues all over the city.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
There are reports of Danny Amedola being out for Thursday's game. Good sign for the Jets.
Big news. Edelman is Brady's top guy now.

The Jets can do this!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (1-0) @ New England Patriots (1-0)

I thought that 30-13 pick sounded a little crazy, but it was before Amendola was out it seems.

We saw New England struggle against a rookie QB who barely played in preseason. Oh look, another rookie QB! I'm seriously considering placing a bet on the Jets tonight. I can get a -13 line and I would consider buying 1.5 points just to be sure, but I don't see New England winning by 2 touchdowns with all the missing pieces. But at the same time, NY has been outscored by 3+ touchdowns in 3 of the last 7 meetings. But the Jets have always won twice and forced overtime. Just don't know. Parlay it with the under maybe? I just don't see these teams putting up 44 points either, not with the way either played last week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »