Home

NFL Sunday Ticket coming Exclusively to PS3

This is a discussion on NFL Sunday Ticket coming Exclusively to PS3 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #41
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NFL Sunday Ticket coming Exclusively to PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Digging around it looks like in 2008 the offer was sign up for Sunday Ticket for $74.99 over 3 months as a new customer and the Premiere package free... when it was all said and done this was less than outright paying for the Premiere package at the time.

Deal is structured differently, but it was there as it is every year. Semantics.

Source, a blog post from June 2008: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

web.archive.org shows the Premiere package as listed at $82/mo as of November 2008.
you didnt get your whole bill free for 4 months just the premiere part (i got the same deal when i signed up except just 3 months) and that works out to be about $24 a month. makes it just a $100 deal not the $300 one they are giving out now.

Last edited by untrugby; 08-18-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 02:12 AM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
you didnt get your whole bill free for 4 months just the premiere part (i got the same deal when i signed up except just 3 months) and that works out to be about $24 a month. makes it just a $100 deal not the $300 one they are giving out now.
Ultimately you are paying $74.99 (+ receivers, etc) for 4 months for Premiere and Sunday Ticket... that's $7 less than if you had no Sunday Ticket and payed only for Premiere.

In 2009 it became $59.99 over 5 months for Sunday Ticket + Premiere.

etc.

This deal has been around in one form or another since at least 2005.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Not sure why people are balking at the price, $350 has always been the price of Sunday Ticket. If your team is out of market, or you just love football it's a pretty good deal.

My question is, are the compressed games and all the Super Fan stuff included.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 AM   #44
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Not sure why people are balking at the price, $350 has always been the price of Sunday Ticket. If your team is out of market, or you just love football it's a pretty good deal.
it only a good deal in the sense that they could charge $700 a year and youd probably still buy it. If you have a basic cable package that includes espn and nfl network youre already getting 40% of the NFL games. most of those end up being marquee matchups anyways with flex games and good monday night scheduling. The redzone is cool but not $350 a year cool, if you happen to live in market. Im a big football fan and i would gladly pay anywhere from 50-150 for the package including the redzone but any higher and i cease to see it being a "good deal"

Last edited by untrugby; 08-18-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:29 AM   #45
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

My question is, are the compressed games and all the Super Fan stuff included.
Good point. For me anyways I get all 16 skins games so im good there. Add in NFL RedZone and im in football Nirvana. If I lived on the west coast I could see myself buying this easily.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
it only a good deal in the sense that they could charge $700 a year and youd probably still buy it. If you have a basic cable package that includes espn and nfl network youre already getting 40% of the NFL games. most of those end up being marquee matchups anyways with flex games and good monday night scheduling. The redzone is cool but not $350 a year cool, if you happen to live in market. Im a big football fan and i would gladly pay anywhere from 50-150 for the package including the redzone but any higher and i cease to see it being a "good deal"
If you're out of market it's a no brainer. If you're like me and love other matchups it's a pretty good deal. It's the going rate for this service so I am not sure why people are acting like they are ripping you off. If 350 is out of your budget or not worth it for you, so be it. But if you want to get every game, it's the same price as offered to DTV owners without having to subscribe to DTV additionally.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:37 AM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Good point. For me anyways I get all 16 skins games so im good there. Add in NFL RedZone and im in football Nirvana. If I lived on the west coast I could see myself buying this easily.

Sent from RedskinNation.
Same for me. I had it before and I loved it, but I found myself watching Red Zone when I wasn't watching the Chargers. So for me, for the early games I basically just watch Red Zone and then watch the Chargers in the afternoon.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #48
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

You can call into the retentions department of DTV and get the price of ST dwindled down. The price was 330 for us this year or something, and I got it down to 210 + 6 months free HD service so basically 150 bucks for Sunday Ticket. She also threw in some free Showtime and a new HD-DVR. And that's a CRAPPY deal.

Some people have been absolutely KILLING it with retentions.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...109240&page=17

Insanely helpful thread for people with DTV who want to call and get their bill knocked down.

Honestly, Sunday Ticket has become a must. I don't even have a job anymore and I'm gonna scrounge up the 75 bucks needed to pay for my cut of the Ticket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »