Home

NFL Sunday Ticket coming Exclusively to PS3

This is a discussion on NFL Sunday Ticket coming Exclusively to PS3 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #65
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NFL Sunday Ticket coming Exclusively to PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
right but you still have to pay for 2 full years of DirecTV. Which is a lot more than 300 dollars.

Again, except then you are locked in to a 2 year contract with DTV, which is significantly more money than $300..
I know that you have to have the contract you aren't forced to pay for Sunday Ticket if you don't want to after that first year. Also, I switched from U-Verse to DirecTV and it was cheaper than what I had before while I was able to get the same stuff I had, so it was a great deal all around.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #66
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

$20/week is still pretty steep. You could get a sandwich, fries, and a couple of beers at the local sports bar for $20 and watch the game for free. Granted, you can't DVR the games and watch them later... so I guess it depends.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #67
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
They do every year, this isn't new. The new customer promotion has been free Sunday ticket + some programming promotion like their best package at a reduced price for 6 months for the last several years.
No it hasn't. This is the first year that we've done it. Yes, you always get a huge discount on most of the packages, but this is the first year the Sunday Ticket is included.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #68
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
No it hasn't. This is the first year that we've done it. Yes, you always get a huge discount on most of the packages, but this is the first year the Sunday Ticket is included.
It's semantics, nothing more. Paying less than your normal monthly price for that programming package for 3-5 months (depending on the year) and in return you get that programming package + Sunday Ticket... just semantics.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #69
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Glad lots of sports are coming to streaming services, and on the PS3, too! That's a really good sign. It's the wave of the future. TV is the past.

$350 is a lot of money. Saying $20 a week is nice, but it comes to $350 total regardless. Like someone else said, I need to pay for my school books!

If they have a free preview, I'll definitely check it out. Form a better opinion. Then maybe wait on a bump down in price in the middle of the season. And I'd just like to get more details in general... restrictions, Saturday games?, national broadcast games?

I haven't had cable in a while. I've survived off whatever's on CBS, FOX, and NBC. Lived way away from Bills territory my whole life. And don't know if I'll even have the time (could be working, could be busy with school, could be doing other things) to watch on Sunday's from 1PM to midnight.

It's a very sexy option for me. I'll need some time to figure out if it's going to be worth it. If I drop $350 on this, I want to get every penny's worth out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #70
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
I doubt there will be a free weekend for non-Directv subscribers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Question. If I have a friend in a different state that has Direct TV and the Sunday Ticket package, can he add the To-Go portion for $50 and allow me to access that on my PS3 so that he watches it on his TV through Direct TV in one state and I watch it through my PS3 in another state? Can they link that To-Go portion to his home address to prevent this type of sharing of accounts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
but if youre replacing your cable or other satellite company its a deal since DTV is the best value out of those
I disagree they are the best value. And I had them for nearly a decade. Not to mention more and more people are cutting the cord so to speak.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »