Home

Jerry Richardson to Cam Newton: No tattoos, no piercings

This is a discussion on Jerry Richardson to Cam Newton: No tattoos, no piercings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #57
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Jerry Richardson to Cam Newton: No tattoos, no piercings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportjames23
And if the boss singles you out of ALL his employees?

Well at my work, the supervisors and management have to wear business clothing while the regular employees can wear what they want for the most part. I don't feel singled out because I have to wear nicer clothing, cover up my tattoos and cannot wear earings. I have a position of responsibility of other employees just like Cam Newton does. He's the QB not a tight end.

And who cares about Kobe, Lebron and Wade? Do they play for the Carolina Panthers? Why does Jerry Richardson care what they do when he's trying to run HIS business.

Also the players you mentioned, they might not be told how not to wear tat's and earing's but for damn sure they are told the how they should answer questions and talk a certain way to the media.

I know NBA players, they'll talk 'hood' when they are with their friends but flip the light switch when the media is around. They are all public figures and there is always someone telling them what they should do.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #58
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Well at my work, the supervisors and management have to wear business clothing while the regular employees can wear what they want for the most part. I don't feel singled out because I have to wear nicer clothing, cover up my tattoos and cannot wear earings. I have a position of responsibility of other employees just like Cam Newton does. He's the QB not a tight end.

And who cares about Kobe, Lebron and Wade? Do they play for the Carolina Panthers? Why does Jerry Richardson care what they do when he's trying to run HIS business.

Also the players you mentioned, they might not be told how not to wear tat's and earing's but for damn sure they are told the how they should answer questions and talk a certain way to the media.

I know NBA players, they'll talk 'hood' when they are with their friends but flip the light switch when the media is around. They are all public figures and there is always someone telling them what they should do.
Your example still doesn't fit because there is protocol. You are a manager. If all the manager wore slacks and a company shirt, but you were asked to wear a sports coat that would be the same because you are being singled out.

The story here isn't that Newton was asked to do this, it's that he (to our knowledge) was the only one asked to do so.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-06-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 10

Thank you, Throne.

- Michael Jordan
Old 09-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #60
Haterade Drinker

untrugby's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Your example still doesn't fit because there is protocol. You are a manager. If all the manager wore slacks and a company shirt, but you were asked to wear a sports coat that would be the same because you are being singled out.

The story here isn't that Newton was asked to do this, it's that he (to our knowledge) was the only one asked to do so.
in this hypothetical manager scenario. It would be like if they called you in and said they want to make you the team leader of all the mangers in your district. Then they said we notice that you already wear a dress shirt and sport coat everyday even though the dress code only requires a polo shirt, lets keep it that way. How is that out of line?

the important distinction is that they arent asking cam to change they are suggesting for him to remain as he is.

This is only a negative story because youre making it that. Its a positive story about a good and positive work environment in a workplace that routinely in the media for its employees getting into serious legal trouble.

Last edited by untrugby; 09-06-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #61
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

If that was me I'd tell my coach/owner/organization to eat one.

You can't tell a grown man what he can or can not do to himself....He isn't your slave...

Last edited by SuperNoVa27; 09-06-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Jerry Richardson isn't a coach.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #62
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by untrugby
in this hypothetical manager scenario. It would be like if they called you in and said they want to make you the team leader of all the mangers in your district. Then they said we notice that you already wear a dress shirt and sport coat everyday even though the dress code only requires a polo shirt, lets keep it that way. How is that out of line?

the important distinction is that they arent asking cam to change they are suggesting for him to remain as he is.

This is only a negative story because youre making it that. Its a positive story about a good and positive work environment in a workplace that routinely in the media for its employees getting into serious legal trouble.
I'm on record as saying this isn't a big deal.I was just correcting the analogy.

My issue is why would an owner put this out. You open yourself up for criticism making this public. Using the example if you are a manager and you have been with the company for a good minute. You think your great at your job. The store manager brings in this brother-in-law and tells everybody he's being groomed for higher management. Imagine what that does for moral.

Some things are just better left behind close door this IMO was one.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-06-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I'm on record as saying this isn't a big deal.I was just correcting the analogy.

My issue is why would an owner put this out. You open yourself up for criticism making this public. Using the example if you are a manager and you have been with the company for a good minute. You think your great at your job. The store manager brings in this brother-in-law and tells everybody he's being groomed for higher management. Imagine what that does for moral.

Some things are just better left behind close door this IMO was one.
But he's not somebody's brother in law. He's the guy from Wharton Business School who finished at the top of his class. He's the phenom that was on the cover of Money magazine as a sophomore in college. Big things are expected from this kid, not just on the team but nationally. Any other player on the team is not in the same situation. And I still haven't read anything that said this was anything more than a suggestion (though a very good one).
Old 09-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #64
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
But he's not somebody's brother in law. He's the guy from Wharton Business School who finished at the top of his class. He's the phenom that was on the cover of Money magazine as a sophomore in college. Big things are expected from this kid, not just on the team but nationally. Any other player on the team is not in the same situation. And I still haven't read anything that said this was anything more than a suggestion (though a very good one).
There's a certain "element" to this you know we can't factor into the equation. So I'm my main piece of evidence has been thrown out. Lol

Like I said I don't have a problem with it, but some people are super sensitive. You have to consider this large group of people when you open your mouth. That was my point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »