Home

Week 5: Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) @ Buffalo Bills (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 5: Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) @ Buffalo Bills (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #57
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 5: Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) @ Buffalo Bills (3-1)

I can't believe I missed seeing this game...

FML

Seems like the Bills hit the Game of the Week lotto yet again...
Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #58
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Philly did everything they could to give this game to the Bills. Didn't you just know that they were going to turn it over on their last offensive possession, then jump offsides on 4th down & inches on defense? I saw it coming a mile away.

As a Bills fan, I'll take it.

I think the Eagles will lift off from this point on. They're losing games, the other team isn't totally winning them (obviously they have to score the points but the Eagles are making it too easy). I still think the Eagles will be fine. 1-4 is the edge, though. Any more and it's curtains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #59
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePPL
I don't think Andy Reid needs to go, and I know Jeff Lurie is not going to make that call.

I know the Eagles has never gone all the way and win the Lombardi, but I rather have a team who has been consistently a competitive team since the 2000 season rather than take a gamble and struggle like the Bills have been previously.

And I wouldn't blame Reid for the team even though he will receive it. The players need to man up for the mistakes they've been making. Jason Avant almost played me like a fool, by having a career game yet caused two turnovers and I don't get how professional football players can't do something fundamental like make tackles.
LOL

I always get a chuckle out of this every time I hear Eagles Fans, whether on here or in person, say this.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #60
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Yeah I dunno that quote is pretty off. Not sure what 'gamble' dude is talking about. Perhaps gambling on sending off two QBs in favor of one who gets injured all the time?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Philly did everything they could to give this game to the Bills. Didn't you just know that they were going to turn it over on their last offensive possession, then jump offsides on 4th down & inches on defense? I saw it coming a mile away.

As a Bills fan, I'll take it.

I think the Eagles will lift off from this point on. They're losing games, the other team isn't totally winning them (obviously they have to score the points but the Eagles are making it too easy). I still think the Eagles will be fine. 1-4 is the edge, though. Any more and it's curtains.
If I had a nickel...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #62
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Regarding the Eagles I seriously DON'T think they'll lift off from here. The team just seems to be too fractured in the sense that everything that's gone wrong is in their minds now. The psychological aspect of sports can be a huge thing. I mean look at Jason Avant yesterday, the guy had an all-pro type of game but got the ball stripped away from him not once but TWICE!

Vick ran all over the field and made the Bills look silly at times yet still threw 4 INTs. It was like every time something good happened to the Eagles it would be countered by a disastrous play that killed them. This is NOT an elite team, on paper they look great but the Eagles organization is learning the lesson that one Daniel Snyder learned, You can't win stockpiling your team with free agents and such unless you have a strong willed coach or organizational ethiic.

The Eagles have the latter but I really think Andy Reid may have lost the locker room a bit. Oh they play hard for him but some of his playcalling is really suspect and has almost never responded well when the crap hits the fan. Look how he and the Eagles allowed the media to frame the conversation about Donovan McNabb for YEARS.

Time will tell what happens but I honestly think next week the Redskins will beat Philly.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #63
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Vick also took some monstrous blows yesterday.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #64
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
How does Reid lose the lockerroom when no one eagles player has criticized him? People are just manifesting things.

Did Vince Young come out his mouth and and crown this team? Yup. Did the media also play into the signings, and crown this team? Yup.

Now that they are 1-4, everyone is in the opposite direction. Where was all the concern over "team chemistry" at 0-0?

The defense was without Trent Cole, and the offense without Jason Peters....mistakes made on the OLine were typical of a rookie guard (watkins) and a backup OT (Dunlap).

I still think this team can pull out of this mess. The Giants sure helped our cause with a loss to the Seahawks, and I still think we can beat any opponent we face if we execute and play smart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »