Home

Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: ReDraft

Well yall can have your cutsie qbs and tes. Ill take defense and go Patrick Willis, Revis, Peppers, JPP, Polamalu, Harrison.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #18
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Bah how could I forget Fitz, he'd be a great pick if you get someone to throw him the ball. He makes the terrible Arizona QBs now look mediocre.

Graham/Gronk is an interesting case. Gronk has a bit more production due to he's the focal point of the Pats offense, but Graham isn't far behind and I think he still has tons of room to grow being this was his 1st full season as a starter in football ever.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

yea, tailbacks do have shorter careers. the but why take 2 top flight quarterbacks with 2 of your top 6 picks?

in terms of defense, aldon smith and von miller look great. young and awesome pash rushers. suh and harrison are punks, and so i'd pass on them. can't go wrong with troy polamalu, patrick willis or darrelle revis either.

i think gronk is just a better player than graham. gronk is a real tight end. he's big, he blocks, he receives, he breaks tackles and he's a touchdown MACHINE. i realize jimmy graham didn't start playing football till high school or college or whatever...that shouldn't play in his favor..his bad! shoulda started earlier. gronk just has that much more of an advantage over him. and to me, jimmy graham is like a better version of aaron hernandez. an athletic receiving tight end.

if we were talkin about drafting to start a franchise right now? with receivers, i'd have to go with the youth movement, pass on fitz and go straight to aj green and julio jones. playyyyyyymakers.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Well yall can have your cutsie qbs and tes. Ill take defense and go Patrick Willis, Revis, Peppers, JPP, Polamalu, Harrison.
Take a look at the past 20 Super Bowl champions and get back to me on taking a defensive player to build your team around with the first pick in this draft.

I'll save you the trouble. 18/20 were headed by elite/great quarterbacks. (Yes, Eli gets some love, shocker!)

I also can't believe people are saying a TE would be a top 5 pick in this. No way!

Hell, look at the Bears this year. They have your 3rd pick. Quarterback goes down (and he's about in the 10-15 range of top QBs), team goes to ****.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 12-21-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #21
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

QB or OL first.

Rodgers without a doubt as QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #22
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Take a look at the past 20 Super Bowl champions and get back to me on taking a defensive player to build your team around with the first pick in this draft.

I'll save you the trouble. 18/20 were headed by elite/great quarterbacks. (Yes, Eli gets some love, shocker!)

I also can't believe people are saying a TE would be a top 5 pick in this. No way!

Hell, look at the Bears this year. They have your 3rd pick. Quarterback goes down (and he's about in the 10-15 range of top QBs), team goes to ****.
Exactly. I'm surprised guys are picking WRs and TEs. I would go QB and OL, then DL.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #23
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You make it sound like if he was older then he wouldn't get picked first LOL.

Just say you'd take Breesus Christ, man. At least then I could understand it and it would make more sense than saying "Oh Rodgers would get the nod because of his age". It's perfectly ok to be a homer around here despite the grief people get for it LOL.

Hell, I'd take Rodgers first(shocker I know)and then followed by Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Jimmy Graham and Breesus Christ.

I am approaching the question as if the draft was today and I am making the draft choice, Rodgers does get the nod because of age and age is the only reason that Cam Newton was brought up in the conversation. If Brees, Brady, and Rodgers were all the same age knowing what we know now then yes Brees would get nod the instead if I were picking with the #1 pick.

If were saying hypothetically that there is a redraft today and the current NFL franchise's are doing the drafting I think the first ten picks off the board would be QB's. Again Rodgers would probably go first because of age, unless the Patriots or Saints had the #1 pick in which case they would redraft their QB's.

Gez, that loss to the Chiefs really has some of you Packers fans feeling a little insecure doesn't it?
Old 12-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim

Its not like it took a first overall QB pick for all those 18/20 teams to win it. Defense wins championships, so in this fantasy draft, there are qbs you could take later?

And I wasnt necessarily talking first overall pick either. Seeing so many Tight End picks made me assume they were talking later picks not the first overall. Gronkowski at number 1? That would be the worst draft pick of all time if every player in the league were available at that spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »