Home

Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11)

This is a discussion on Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
FWIW, both players had better stats through 13 games than Ray. More tackles by both and more sacks by Jackson (Angerer has only 1 sack throughout the season). FF and INT are pretty even amongst all three players. Jackson and Angerer also had lesser D's surrounding them making their jobs more difficult IMO.
The Browns and the Colts are also ranked 31st and 32nd, respectively, in rushing attempts against and they are in second to last and last place by a wide margin. Both teams have an average of more than 33 rushing attempts against them per week. That means that the MLBs on those two teams (Jackson and Angerer) have had a hell of a lot more chances at tackles than any other players in the NFL which is why they should lead the league in tackles. The Colts are also dead last in time of possession (a measly 26:01 per game) this year which inflates Angerer's stats even more. The Browns are 21st in that category themselves.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 55

In other news, I was just hooked up with some tickets for this game and this will be my first Browns/Steelers game ever. It will also be my first time ever sitting in the Dawg Pound section of the new stadium. There is a slight chance of a mix of rain and snow on Sunday afternoon as well which should make things interesting. As a neutral fan, I just want to see a good game. I have a bit of a rooting interest in the Browns this particular week though, as a Cleveland win would help Tampa Bay's draft stock. So I've got that going for me... which is nice.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Fair enough, but I still don't think it's as crazy as others that are starting (starting probably with Ed Reed). If we were talking All Pro I'd agree with you, but I can give a bit more leeway to intangibles for the Pro Bowl (even if we were to assume the voting process made some kind of sense).
True. I suppose the All Pro is based more on stats whereas the Pro Bowl is more of a popularity contest with some stats thrown into the mix.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
Its looking like Ben is gonna play. But if he throws more than 20 passes I'll be disappointed.

Knowing Arians he'll probably throw at least 30 times though.
Apparently, Ben, Troy and Pouncey are going to play. I agree about Arians gameplan. You never know what you'll get with him.

Seneca Wallace is going to start for the Browns as well (which IMO is a good thing for Cleveland).
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
The Browns and the Colts are also ranked 31st and 32nd, respectively, in rushing attempts against and they are in second to last and last place by a wide margin. Both teams have an average of more than 33 rushing attempts against them per week. That means that the MLBs on those two teams (Jackson and Angerer) have had a hell of a lot more chances at tackles than any other players in the NFL which is why they should lead the league in tackles. The Colts are also dead last in time of possession (a measly 26:01 per game) this year which inflates Angerer's stats even more. The Browns are 21st in that category themselves.
Valid point. Although more opportunities doesn't always equate to more production...it should in most cases, but isn't always a veritable indicator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Apparently, Ben, Troy and Pouncey are going to play. I agree about Arians gameplan. You never know what you'll get with him.

Seneca Wallace is going to start for the Browns as well (which IMO is a good thing for Cleveland).
I don't mind about Troy and Pouncey, especially with Legursky hurt. And yeah Seneca definitely puts the Browns in a better situation than Colt.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I don't mind about Troy and Pouncey, especially with Legursky hurt. And yeah Seneca definitely puts the Browns in a better situation than Colt.
I really think the Browns had a great chance at winning the last game if they left Seneca in. Nothing against Colt... he's still got potential, but against a smart and aggressive D like PIT, having a vet (a decent vet anyway, which Seneca is) is probably a better option.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I really think the Browns had a great chance at winning the last game if they left Seneca in. Nothing against Colt... he's still got potential, but against a smart and aggressive D like PIT, having a vet (a decent vet anyway, which Seneca is) is probably a better option.
Agree completely. I even said to my wife and the guy sitting beside me in the stands as Colt came back into the game that it was the best thing to happen to the Steelers. Few plays later and he threw an ugly pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »