Home

Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11)

This is a discussion on Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11)

Steelers travel to the Dawg Pound for the latest installment of a rivalry that has really lost a lot of its luster. The Browns may not be playing for anything, but the Steelers will be hungry as they are still in the hunt for the #1 seed in the AFC. That being said, the Steelers are hoping to have Roethlisberger, Pouncey, and Woodley back for the game.

Playoff Scernarios for the Steelers.
#1 Seed: Steeler win + Ravens loss + Patriots loss
#2 Seed: Steelers win + Ravens loss + Patriots win
#5 Seed: Ravens win

So the Steeelrs will also be huge Bengals and Bills fans this week.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 17: Steelers (11-4) @ Browns (4-11)

Go Browns!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Browns can win this game. Look at how awful the Steelers played against them at Pittsburgh. This time they are at home with a chance of Ben, Maurkice and Woodley not playing. Peyton Hillis is running the ball well as of late and Seneca Wallace will hopefully be starting again to give them another dimension to that very bad offense.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Rolling around in the mud all week to show how big of a Browns fan I am right now.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

THANK ****ING GOD IT'S ALMOST OVER!

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed the Raven
Browns can win this game. Look at how awful the Steelers played against them at Pittsburgh. This time they are at home with a chance of Ben, Maurkice and Woodley not playing. Peyton Hillis is running the ball well as of late and Seneca Wallace will hopefully be starting again to give them another dimension to that very bad offense.
The only reason the game against the Browns was close was because the Steelers fumbled in the red zone twice. It should've been over by halftime.

That being said, this game makes me nervous. I would rather the Steelers rest at least Ben for another week and limit Woodley. No need for them to play a ton against a team like the Browns and get themselves injured. The Steelers need to establish the run game like they did last week, the Browns don't stop the run very well, stop the Browns' run game, and they should be just fine.

EDIT: Also, its a travesty that Ryan Clark is a 2nd team Pro Bowl alternate and Ike Taylor isn't. Also, LOL at Eric Weddle being better than Ryan Clark. The Pro Bowl is so silly. Even the NFL.com analysis is terrible. Lombardi's analysis said that Troy Polamalu doesn't have an interception even though he had one against the Browns.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

Last edited by SteelersFreak; 12-29-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
The only reason the game against the Browns was close was because the Steelers fumbled in the red zone twice. It should've been over by halftime.

That being said, this game makes me nervous. I would rather the Steelers rest at least Ben for another week and limit Woodley. No need for them to play a ton against a team like the Browns and get themselves injured. The Steelers need to establish the run game like they did last week, the Browns don't stop the run very well, stop the Browns' run game, and they should be just fine.

EDIT: Also, its a travesty that Ryan Clark is a 2nd team Pro Bowl alternate and Ike Taylor isn't. Also, LOL at Eric Weddle being better than Ryan Clark. The Pro Bowl is so silly. Even the NFL.com analysis is terrible. Lombardi's analysis said that Troy Polamalu doesn't have an interception even though he had one against the Browns.
Eric Weddle is better than Ryan Clark. If anything Ed Reed shouldn't be there at FS. Also, I agree Ike Taylor should have been one of the CBs for the AFC this season and I hate his ****ing guts. The Pro Bowl is extremely ****ing stupid though. What do you expect?
Old 12-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed the Raven
Eric Weddle is better than Ryan Clark. If anything Ed Reed shouldn't be there at FS. Also, I agree Ike Taylor should have been one of the CBs for the AFC this season and I hate his ****ing guts. The Pro Bowl is extremely ****ing stupid though. What do you expect?
I didn't expect much but I was hoping for him to at least be an alternate. He actually has some interceptions this year!
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »