Home

Old 02-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #35545
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NFL Off Topic

Peter King just brought up a great point on The Dan Patrick Show:

Why is there a 200 page report on deflated footballs, but nothing on the Redskins/WFT/Commanders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2022, 09:49 AM   #35546
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

Sure, a report on the 'skin name change would be appropriate, but the reason for an extensive report on deflated footballs has to do with a perceived games-integrity issue.

The better comparison is going to be how extensive is the report for the alleged $100,000 bribes to Flores plus whatever evidence Hue Jackson brings to the table. That report should be 200 pages at least.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:59 AM   #35547
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Jacksonville feels more like Baalke's apparent value meant more than other HC candidates. I always wanted either Leftwich or Pederson for Jags.

The one candidate, I always see to see what's the "issue' is Jim Caldwell. He essentially lost the job because he wasn't Bob Quinn's guy.

Pederson is a really good get for JAC, not even considering the drama surrounding the GM and HC opening. Interested to see who he brings on as DC.

It’s crazy looking back now and how Jim Caldwell got canned. 4 seasons, two playoff appearances and only one losing season (7-9). IN DETROIT. I know he had his issues on playcalling or game/time management, but they cut him loose waaaay too early for the level of success for a franchise that has not really experienced sustained success. And Caldwell did this with only 2 years of Calvin Johnson.

Feels like a lot of previous HC’s with a decent bit of tenure are cast aside quickly. Everyone wants to try out a new face and swing for the fences. I still think guys like Marvin Lewis and Caldwell have value and can lead teams to the playoffs. I don’t think steadiness is exciting enough and therefore not valued as high as it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #35548
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Pederson is a really good get for JAC, not even considering the drama surrounding the GM and HC opening. Interested to see who he brings on as DC.

It’s crazy looking back now and how Jim Caldwell got canned. 4 seasons, two playoff appearances and only one losing season (7-9). IN DETROIT. I know he had his issues on playcalling or game/time management, but they cut him loose waaaay too early for the level of success for a franchise that has not really experienced sustained success. And Caldwell did this with only 2 years of Calvin Johnson.

Feels like a lot of previous HC’s with a decent bit of tenure are cast aside quickly. Everyone wants to try out a new face and swing for the fences. I still think guys like Marvin Lewis and Caldwell have value and can lead teams to the playoffs. I don’t think steadiness is exciting enough and therefore not valued as high as it should be.
They aren't the "sexy hires". It's always easier to sell "the next ..." than a former HC. For guys like McCarthy, Pederson, or Gruden you can point to the Championships. Rivera was easier because you can say Cam was breaking down over the years. Lewis and Caldwell, at this point, almost has to work their way back up again like a Fraizer and Bowles. So I get the reluctance to have to be a coordinator again.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #35549
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Live 013
Sure, a report on the 'skin name change would be appropriate
There's no need for a report on the name change, I think that's a reference to the culture of sexual harassment.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #35550
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
They aren't the "sexy hires". It's always easier to sell "the next ..." than a former HC. For guys like McCarthy, Pederson, or Gruden you can point to the Championships. Rivera was easier because you can say Cam was breaking down over the years. Lewis and Caldwell, at this point, almost has to work their way back up again like a Fraizer and Bowles. So I get the reluctance to have to be a coordinator again.
I have nothing against Marvin Lewis, but I don't think he's in the same league as Caldwell, no pun intended.

JC definitely deserves a job. I'd take him over McCarthy any day.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:53 AM   #35551
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
There's no need for a report on the name change, I think that's a reference to the culture of sexual harassment.

We need to be realistic also, what are we going to care about more. Folks are gonna do the White Knight thing on social media in regards to the Sexual Harrassment issue but we’re going to care MORE about how the integrity of the game is actually being affected by some lighter footballs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #35552
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

I mean, Marvin Lewis wasn't cast aside quickly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »