Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2022, 11:22 PM   #35817
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NFL Off Topic

Smh

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-28-2022, 01:55 AM   #35818
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Adrian Peterson and Le'Veon Bell have agreed to an Exhibition Boxing Match on July 30th.

Nick Young (NBA) is also on the card.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

instead of tapping gloves, Adrian should just shake his hand

/fight
Old 06-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #35819
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentch
Well this guy duped everyone. I was convinced it was a setup to go after him for money after he tried to force his way out of Houston. Then all the extra details came out. Then the same story was being told over and over again. How can all of these possibly be coincidences and "out to get him"?

This guy is such a piece of garbage he did what NOBODY could make me do before. And that's feel sorry for Baker Mayfield, who I think still deserves to be a starter in this league, no matter how irritating he might be at times
If this didn't go on under the Texans umbrella (team employees, team facilities) are these even legitimate cases?

If propositioning women is a crime, they need to shut down every bar in this country.

Watson is a creeper with a fetish, obviously. I wouldn't want him on my team. I'll never root for him. But the NFL has employed far worse than this guy. (Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, Roethlisberger.. Ray Lewis..)
Old 06-28-2022, 07:43 PM   #35820
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
If this didn't go on under the Texans umbrella (team employees, team facilities) are these even legitimate cases?

If propositioning women is a crime, they need to shut down every bar in this country.
I seriously hope you are not comparing propositioning a woman in a bar to the several dozen allegations of sexual assault and/or sexual misconduct described in the civil lawsuits against Deshaun Watson.

Mutual consent between adults is absolutely nothing like what is described in many of the Jane Doe affidavits.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:21 PM   #35821
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

r.i.p. Marlin Briscoe, as true a pioneer as ever was

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2022, 03:42 AM   #35822
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

Watson is a creeper with a fetish, obviously. I wouldn't want him on my team. I'll never root for him. But the NFL has employed far worse than this guy. (Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth, Roethlisberger.. Ray Lewis..)
While some of them knew what they were getting into, others were real, trained, and actually had jobs. Once he ran out of women in Houston, then he started flying them in and that's where the gray area pops up.

Individually there isn't much in most of the cases, mostly just some indecent exposure or something. There are some more serious ones but really hard to prove criminally. The pattern shows just how bad this is and how little he views women.

Yes he was propositioning them but he took it further by exposing himself and doing other things. That is no where near the same as a bar unless you frequent bars where you just take it out and ask if they like what they see.

Sure there have been worse people in the league but those issues were also 1 time things. This is bad enough to give him 2-3 games per woman. It's also a different time and the media and PR will take huge hits if this is just brushed under the rug like in the past.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2022, 11:49 AM   #35823
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

I remember Big Ben got a (revised) four game suspension for just the accusation (no criminal charges) in his rape allegation issue. Deshaun has settled with 20 women, still has the 4 other women going full steam ahead and then however many accusations to come. Still, let's just go with the 20 women settled with as the baseline because that's closest to the Big Ben scenario. 4x20=80. 80 games should be the precedent, then?

Also, though, it's a lady judge, it's possibly the most emotional time for a lot of women feeling the judicial system is a failure and the NFL is barely a few years into having women in major roles on and off the field (and the NFL hasn't made a statement on RvW yet). It feels like they are either about to try and win some mega brownie points by doling a historic punishment, or they are going to epic fail, then probably do nothing to Snyder, either and it'll be major throat punch to the league compared to any black eyes they've dealt with before.

Opinions on the facts as I know them, of course. I'll sit back and watch like everyone else.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:29 PM   #35824
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagan
I remember Big Ben got a (revised) four game suspension for just the accusation (no criminal charges) in his rape allegation issue. Deshaun has settled with 20 women, still has the 4 other women going full steam ahead and then however many accusations to come. Still, let's just go with the 20 women settled with as the baseline because that's closest to the Big Ben scenario. 4x20=80. 80 games should be the precedent, then?

Also, though, it's a lady judge, it's possibly the most emotional time for a lot of women feeling the judicial system is a failure and the NFL is barely a few years into having women in major roles on and off the field (and the NFL hasn't made a statement on RvW yet). It feels like they are either about to try and win some mega brownie points by doling a historic punishment, or they are going to epic fail, then probably do nothing to Snyder, either and it'll be major throat punch to the league compared to any black eyes they've dealt with before.

Opinions on the facts as I know them, of course. I'll sit back and watch like everyone else.
She has a background in contract law, trademark, or something like that. That's a very dry area, so who knows what she does with this. I'm guessing less than 1 year and/or time served from last year. There is no way the Browns paid that much money without knowing what the league would do.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »