Home

NFL Off Topic

This is a discussion on NFL Off Topic within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #35897
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
He sat out all of last season too, so this was effectively ~1.33 seasons (23 games) of not playing in the prime of his career. That’s significant.
The suspension ruling from Judge Robinson details that Deshaun Watson was neither placed on the exempt list nor was his salary withheld during such time. Robinson concludes based on these facts that Watson was in fact not suspended, only that the Texans chose to not play him.

To that end, Robinson gives Watson no credit for prior suspension served when she determined discipline, because he wasn’t suspended.

My general impression of Judge Robinson’s ruling is that it is careful, speaking to legality. She is bound by the case facts presented to her, and also by the NFL’s well-established disciplinary precedent. Given specifically those factors, six games was likely the only possible conclusion.

I actually find it a bit refreshing that some entity has offered the NFLPA a meager check against the NFL league office’s unilateral power to impose its will upon the players. At the same time, I also acknowledge that it is extremely terrible optics that Deshaun Watson of all people was what triggered that counterweight.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-01-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #35898
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NFL Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The suspension ruling from Judge Robinson details that Deshaun Watson was neither placed on the exempt list nor was his salary withheld during such time. Robinson concludes based on these facts that Watson was in fact not suspended, only that the Texans chose to not play him.

To that end, Robinson gives Watson no credit for prior suspension served when she determined discipline, because he wasn’t suspended.

My general impression of Judge Robinson’s ruling is that it is careful, speaking to legality. She is bound by the case facts presented to her, and also by the NFL’s well-established disciplinary precedent. Given specifically those factors, six games was likely the only possible conclusion.

I actually find it a bit refreshing that some entity has offered the NFLPA a meager check against the NFL league office’s unilateral power to impose its will upon the players. At the same time, I also acknowledge that it is extremely terrible optics that Deshaun Watson of all people was what triggered that counterweight.
She is a former contract law judge, so her understanding of the contract and status was going to be the strong part of her ruling. The rest is contradictory of itself and doesn't even include all the games that were played with the contract. He is losing minimal money as he is only getting paid $1 million this season and they didn't even fine him anything.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #35899
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Dolphins owner suspended through October 17th for Tom Brady and Sean Payton tampering. He got a hefty fine and is removed from league committees indefinitely.

Team loses its first round pick next draft and a third round pick in 2024. Thats a pretty big blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 08-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #35900
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

It's not the full Tom Brady experience until they strip picks for breaking NFL rules.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #35901
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Tom Brady embroiled in another rule-breaking scandal?

Must be some mistake...........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2022, 04:50 PM   #35902
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Saw this on Twitter and thought it would generate some funny discussion lol

https://twitter.com/jody_mcfly/statu...WDl64yFRzPrHTg

For me, it’s that 2014 NFC Championship Game vs. Seattle and last season’s Divisional Round game vs. San Fran
Old 08-02-2022, 05:39 PM   #35903
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

For me, it’s that 2014 NFC Championship Game vs. Seattle and last season’s Divisional Round game vs. San Fran
4th-and-26
2007.. (fittingly) Favres last pass is an INT
2009.. a frenzied 20+point comeback, only to lose on a fumble recovery
2011.. that hail mary at halftime
The Kaepernick game

The Packers don't just lose in teh Playoffs. They do their best to re-define what it means.
Old 08-02-2022, 06:22 PM   #35904
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

For me it’s more the years of incompetence and ****ty, cheap owners

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »