Home

2012 NFL Draft Thread.

This is a discussion on 2012 NFL Draft Thread. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Hearing reports that RGIII has attitude problems today. Funny they show up now.
From the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Website:

Quote:
Recruited by some schools as a WR or safety but signed with Houston coach Art Briles as a QB and then followed him to Baylor. "Very impressed in every aspect," one scout said. "Athletically, which is a given because he was a big-time track star in the state of Texas. He carries himself very well. A tremendous leader." Fourth-year junior led Bears to 10-3 season in 2011 and 22-18 mark overall. "He's phenomenal," another scout said. "He's going to need technique work and fundamentals. But you cannot lose the fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)." Hails from Copperas Cove, Texas. "Everybody is just assuming because of the Heisman and the socks and all that bs. . . . they are ignoring a lot of bad tape that he's had," a third scout said. "I don't think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower." Finished with passer rating of 110.1 and 2,254 yards rushing (33 TDs). "He has better arm action and is more accurate with his deep ball, but he's not as good as Cam Newton," a fourth scout said. "As much as is written about his athleticism, his athleticism under duress in the pocket isn't even close to Cam Newton's. This guy, the only way he gets big plays with his feet is if he's got a wide-open field and the sea opens for him. He's got a little bit of a selfish streak, too. Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves off. He doesn't treat anybody good." Another scout also questioned the way Griffin deals with people.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

If the Bengals could somehow end up with the first two picks that ZM punk made I would crap my pants in excitement.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
So since we're all under the impression that Washington will take RG3 2nd, what about Minnesota at 3?

There's been this assumption they take Kalil, I'm not so sure. They need a corner in the worst way, especially in that division with the other three teams featuring high octane passing offenses. And WR...don't even get me started on the lack of weapons for Ponder outside of Harvin at WR. I could just as easily see them taking Blackmon or Claiborne as I could Kalil. Thoughts?
That makes sense in theory but WR and CB are pretty deep in this draft. There is only one consensus franchise LT. Kalil would not only help Ponder/Webb but AP would benefit from better blocking as well.

I think the Browns are the first question mark in this draft.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
I feel like the Browns should take Richardson. He's by far the best hb in the draft and he fits a position of need. Blackmon won't magically make McCoy better but Richardson will imo make the whole offense better.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
I feel like the Browns should take Richardson. He's by far the best hb in the draft and he fits a position of need. Blackmon won't magically make McCoy better but Richardson will imo make the whole offense better.
Blackmon won't magically make an QB better.

Hell, he may not even be the best WR in the draft. I think we look back in a couple of years, Stephen Hill or Floyd are going to be the top WR.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Blackmon won't magically make an QB better.

Hell, he may not even be the best WR in the draft. I think we look back in a couple of years, Stephen Hill or Floyd are going to be the top WR.

i agree both are a need for the browns but both postions are pretty well stocked in this yrs draft but richardson is best rb out of the bunch and u need a running game to open up the pass game. we could draft richardson and we could grab floyd or hill and get the best of players in this yrs draft @ both postions.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

And now there are rumors that the Browns will probably take Mo Claiborne.

I would be happy and yet disappointed at the same time. The thought of Joe Haden and Mo Claiborne playing on the same defense would be incredible, yet the offense...yeesh.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
And now there are rumors that the Browns will probably take Mo Claiborne.

I would be happy and yet disappointed at the same time. The thought of Joe Haden and Mo Claiborne playing on the same defense would be incredible, yet the offense...yeesh.
That'd end up being a lot of money tied up in corners in a few years too.

I've been hearing that Blackmon's stock has been dropping also. Anybody got details?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »