Home

2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #49
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket Discussion Thread

Hey everybody, Gronk here. I've got a question. I really got back into football starting right before the 2011 season playoffs. This is my first time really being a fan. I live in New Jersey, but I'm a Ravens fan, as well as a Redskins fan. As far as I know, I can't watch their games unless they play the Jets, Giants, or the Steelers or Eagles, because I only get the games of the local teams, right? Unless it's a playoff game on Fox/NBC/CBS, right? Or am I wrong? Anyway, I was looking at NFL redzone as well as Game rewind. What are the benefits if NFL redzone? Do you just get to watch the touchdowns from each game? Or can you watch any game live? Really need help understanding how this works.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I live in New Jersey, but I'm a Ravens fan, as well as a Redskins fan.

Anyway, I was looking at NFL redzone as well as Game rewind. What are the benefits if NFL redzone? Do you just get to watch the touchdowns from each game? Or can you watch any game live? Really need help understanding how this works.
Redzone is a single channel that airs live, it takes you from game to game where a team is inside the 20 yard line, you don't really have control on what you see, they'll show whatever is the most interesting at the time.

what you want is Sunday Ticket if you want to see the Ravens and Redskins while living in NJ. Sunday Ticket can be ordered with DirecTV, call them up and ask about your options. if you can't get DirecTV, last year they let you buy Sunday Ticket through the PS3, this year they haven't announced anything yet that I have been able to find.

with Sunday Ticket, you will NOT get Monday Night Football or Thursday Night Football, you still need ESPN and NFL Network for either of those. Sunday Ticket is only for games on Sunday afternoons that kick-off at 1 PM, 4:05 PM, or 4:25 PM.

Thanksgiving games, local games and playoffs you watch like normal.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #51
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Hey everybody, Gronk here. I've got a question. I really got back into football starting right before the 2011 season playoffs. This is my first time really being a fan. I live in New Jersey, but I'm a Ravens fan, as well as a Redskins fan. As far as I know, I can't watch their games unless they play the Jets, Giants, or the Steelers or Eagles, because I only get the games of the local teams, right? Unless it's a playoff game on Fox/NBC/CBS, right? Or am I wrong? Anyway, I was looking at NFL redzone as well as Game rewind. What are the benefits if NFL redzone? Do you just get to watch the touchdowns from each game? Or can you watch any game live? Really need help understanding how this works.
Hey Gronk, other than a sports bar you are correct. You'll only get nationally televised games of the Ravens/Skins up there (unless they play the local team). The Red Zone channel does live look ins but either of a team in the red zone or (if there are no games with a team in the redzone at the time) they just pick somewhat randomly. But it never stays on one game throughout and you don't have the power to choose. There's been some good talk here about game rewind. You should read that rather than taking any recap I have of it to heart. The one important thing I took from it (from reading reviews in this thread) is that you can't watch any of the games live... only after they've been played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #52
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I heard the quality on PS3 is subpar but for the right price and ability to watch my Broncos every week I may jump on this.

And on PS3 what determines quality the speed of your Internet or is it just slow due to PS3?
I asked my good friend about this that had it last year because I'm thinking about it too now that the price is right. He said that last year it literally didn't work week 1 when they launched, but he got a $25 credit for that.

After that, he said it was fine on 2Mbps download speed. Wasn't getting HD quality, but it worked fine. Didn't have any problems with buffering or blurry picture. Others that he talked to had higher download capabilities and were getting HD quality picture. Now keep in mind that he was watching his Niners on ****ty feeds for years, so this was an improvement. You might not always get HD picture depending on your Internet speed. Not sure how important that is to you.

I trust his opinion, so I'll be ordering. I get 15-20 Mbps on my wireless connection and hope that I don't run into any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dwn5up

B) The service was ok, sometimes it would freeze and then catch up.
What kind of connection type and speed did you have?

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 08-08-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was debating trying this out but one important question for the PS3 version: Can you watch games that you missed earlier that day? The main reason is because I usually close at work so I wouldn't be able to watch the games till I got home. If I couldn't, it'd be a waste of 300+ or whatever it ends up being for PS3 users. I'm a Bears fan stranded in CoSprings and with my schedule rotation, my likelyhood of seeing them live is somewhere between slim and none.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #54
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I asked my good friend about this that had it last year because I'm thinking about it too now that the price is right. He said that last year it literally didn't work week 1 when they launched, but he got a $25 credit for that.

After that, he said it was fine on 2Mbps download speed. Wasn't getting HD quality, but it worked fine. Didn't have any problems with buffering or blurry picture. Others that he talked to had higher download capabilities and were getting HD quality picture. Now keep in mind that he was watching his Niners on ****ty feeds for years, so this was an improvement. You might not always get HD picture depending on your Internet speed. Not sure how important that is to you.

I trust his opinion, so I'll be ordering. I get 15-20 Mbps on my wireless connection and hope that I don't run into any problems.

What kind of connection type and speed did you have?
Thanks for the heads up any word on the price yet for PS3?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #55
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Thanks for the heads up any word on the price yet for PS3?
I've seen rumors but nothing solid. If it ends up being the same as last year for PS3 only (300+), I probably won't order it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #56
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Well, I'm back on the Sunday Ticket train. I had called and cancelled last week because I had it for free last year and then they automatically re-enrolled me at full price.

Today they called and offered it to me for $99...I couldn't resist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »