Home

Official 2012 Hard Knocks Thread

This is a discussion on Official 2012 Hard Knocks Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #49
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Official 2012 Hard Knocks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Never once did I say it was okay.

My point is why should he be released for that?

Who cares if he was cheating?
Because Philbin doesn't want the Dolphins the be the Detroit Lions or Cincinnati Bengals where you have players on the police blotter every night and they still dress on Sunday. He sent Chad a message and Chad failed to adhere to what he wanted so he is gone.

You are right you didn't say it was okay, but it seems like you are minimizing it IMO.

All things being equal I will say this if Chad was 25 not 35 he would probably still be a Dolphin, but he is on the down slope of his career, so there is even less encentive to keep an aging WR who was never a burner anyways who also happened to be coming off a 15 catch season he spent with a HOF QB and Coach, because he couldn't learn the playbook.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #50
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Exactly. He's also got a precident to set as well with the rest of the team in that he's not going to put up with any off the field nonsense, especially if it comes in the form of a player getting locked up(Not talking about some Practice Squad player getting busted).

You gotta remember where Philbin is coming from. He's coming from a no nonsense franchise in GB where outside of the Favre mess, we never put up with any off the field crap that could potentially bring non positive news on the team.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Tough to watch, but he did it to himself. You could see the shame and sadness in Chad's eyes. He lost his reputation, career, and possibly half his assets over the course of a weekend.

Based on everything I've been told about Evelyn, Chad never should have got himself involved with her in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #52
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

I don't know **** about her but this....She was on a reality show called Baskeball Wives and he met her through twitter.

I hope he was smart enough to sign a pre-nup. But seriously you met her through twitter? This was clearly a relationship that was nothing more than business. Hence them having a VH1 show all signed up. Nothing more, nothing less.

I love Chad Johnson the football player, back when he was celebrating TDs in Cincy I love it, thought it was funny stuff.

But I have no patience for domestic violence. I had a cousin that was murdered by her abusive BF. I won't comment on this case becuase I don't know any of the "facts" but to even be arrested for something like domestic violence shows poor judgement. JBH is right, when I get heated I walk away and go for a drive, I swing golf clubs, I've never even thought to raise hands on my fiance.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #53
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Because Philbin doesn't want the Dolphins the be the Detroit Lions or Cincinnati Bengals where you have players on the police blotter every night and they still dress on Sunday. He sent Chad a message and Chad failed to adhere to what he wanted so he is gone.

You are right you didn't say it was okay, but it seems like you are minimizing it IMO.

All things being equal I will say this if Chad was 25 not 35 he would probably still be a Dolphin, but he is on the down slope of his career, so there is even less encentive to keep an aging WR who was never a burner anyways who also happened to be coming off a 15 catch season he spent with a HOF QB and Coach, because he couldn't learn the playbook.
The Lions and Bengals players were arrested for being involved in public nonsense. This was a domestic issue.

I'm not minimizing anything. Should Dez Bryant have been released since he got into it with his mother and was arrested? No nonsense right?

I don't care about Johnson. I just think that was a knee jerk reaction by the Phins. It's their organization and their rules..so whatever. Just stating my opinion on it.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #54
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
The Lions and Bengals players were arrested for being involved in public nonsense. This was a domestic issue.
Two things, it's not a domestic issue. Its a domestic violence issue. Statements like your first are why it looks like you are minimizing it. He didn't lock her out of the house, he headbutted her causing a visible laceration to her face.

Quote:
I'm not minimizing anything. Should Dez Bryant have been released since he got into it with his mother and was arrested? No nonsense right?
2nd Dez Bryant goes to what I said in my last paragraph. If Chad was 25 not 35 he would still be a Dolphin IMO. I don't know what you mean by No nonsense, but I hope you are not trying to compare a Cowboy organization run by Jerry Jones to what Philbin is trying to do. Just like Chad if Dez was 35 and on the back side of his career he would've been let go too.

Quote:
I don't care about Johnson. I just think that was a knee jerk reaction by the Phins. It's their organization and their rules..so whatever. Just stating my opinion on it.
It wasn't a knee jerk reaction, this happened what a week after Philbin pulled him to the side to speak about "representing the organization" following his interview with the media. I do care about Johnson in so much as I'm a fan of his, but he brought this on himself. If he didn't get arrested Satruday following a game, he is on the roster right now.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #55
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I'm not gonna front..I felt bad for Chad.

I think Miami should've waited until more information came out before cutting him.

He made a mistake. Cutting him doesn't send a positive message to the rest of the team.

He wasn't out partying or got drunk and arrested or got into a fight.

Not excusing him but he got into it with his spouse.
I think I'm in this boat as well. I get the whole "bad publicity" angle, but they signed up for that by signing CJ in the first place. We still don't know if he really did anything serious.

I don't know, it was hard to see the look on his face when he was sitting there and NOT feel a little sympathy.

Edit: And for the record, as one of the other posters mentioned that he usually just drives around for a little to calm down after getting into it with his wife... isn't that what Chad said he did? And then he returned home and Lozada had a cut on her face and the cops were there?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-15-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #56
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Two things, it's not a domestic issue. Its a domestic violence issue. Statements like your first are why it looks like you are minimizing it. He didn't lock her out of the house, he headbutted her causing a visible laceration to her face.

2nd Dez Bryant goes to what I said in my last paragraph. If Chad was 25 not 35 he would still be a Dolphin IMO. I don't know what you mean by No nonsense, but I hope you are not trying to compare a Cowboy organization run by Jerry Jones to what Philbin is trying to do. Just like Chad if Dez was 35 and on the back side of his career he would've been let go too.

It wasn't a knee jerk reaction, this happened what a week after Philbin pulled him to the side to speak about "representing the organization" following his interview with the media. I do care about Johnson in so much as I'm a fan of his, but he brought this on himself. If he didn't get arrested Satruday following a game, he is on the roster right now.
The Dez Bryant case is a domestic violence case with that same definition then. But since Dez doesn't drop preseason passes nor isn't on the wrong side of 30..it's different.

My point is we only heard statements from her side. He could've well intended to headbutt her and bust her head open. Or..they could've accidentally knocked heads.

We don't know.

By no means am I trying to minimize domestic violence man. It's just that Evelyn Lozada and gutter ratchet "females" like her piss me off to no extent.

You don't watch Basketball Wives..but I did. She told Chad to his face he can have sex with other girls...as long as she knows about it.

Her credibility is trash but Chad loses everything.

He brought this all on himself because of lack of self control. I just hate seeing one-sided stories.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »