Home

Ever notice how many people say "we"

This is a discussion on Ever notice how many people say "we" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #25
Rookie

Sidion's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Ever notice how many people say "we"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Oh no, not this thread again.

It is perfectly fine to say "we", because we pay their salaries. We go and root for them. We put our time, money, energy, blood, sweat, tears into these teams and these players. We are the ones that celebrate. We are the ones that get pissed. We are the ones living and dying on every single turn of a game, or in an offseason, or whatever. A team is nothing without its fanbase.

I'll be saying "we" until the day I die, because I am a representative of the teams I root for.
The best explanation of this I've ever seen. This guy has it right, and this post needs to be quoted just to show that point.

Not sure why you'd get offended or miffed by it regardless. It's a form of endearment. Then again I've known people who've been pissed at hearing people call others hun or sweetie in public.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #26
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
I agree whole heartedly with some people who have posted in this thread. I am a die-hard Falcons fan, have been since '95 (was born in '89). Started watching football because of a friend's dad who always watched every single game that aired in Albuquerque, NM. Hardcore Broncos fan. I remember the first time I saw the Falcons play, I remember loving them, they were young, underdogs, had heart but not quite enough skill. They played hard and even though they lost I still came out a fan. Fast fastward to '98 (if you know anything about the '98 superbowl you know why it was a big game for me). Watching with my friends pop Broncos vs. Falcons on the biggest stage in football. Cheered my team on, Chandler and company, even when there was no chance of a comeback.

Those moments are what pushed me to join Football when I got to high school (family never had enough money for pop warner). Went out for QB got backup. Finally got to Varsity and started and did great for a crappy team. 3rd to last game of the season from an illegal tackle took a helmet to my shoulder, slammed my wrist to the ground and had to have surgery. Before that I had a Scholarship but lost that when I didn't have the same throwing power anymore.

I would have given anything to be a Falcon but it didn't work out that way, week in and week out I support my Falcons, I follow the roster movements. I've been through the good and bad, bought merchandise, own sunday ticket so I never miss a game. On top of all of this I now get accuse of being a "bandwagon fan" just because we are a good winning team now, and if it's not that I get crap because the team I support hasn't won a Playoff game since Vick. I've seen my team win, I've seen them lose, I've seen them fall apart, I've seen them rebuilt, and I've seen them grow.

With all of that, it is beyond me why people can't understand why people use the term "we" or "us" when talking about the team they support. I have my reasons which you now know and I'm sure everyone else does. We are emotionally and financially (buying merchandise, tickets, etc.) invested.

Just thought that needed to be said because even if you know bandwagon fans not all of us are.

(Edit: ) Not sure why I felt the need to share all that but, that is why I say we and us.

Last edited by Ampking101; 11-27-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #27
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Oh no, not this thread again.

It is perfectly fine to say "we", because we pay their salaries. We go and root for them. We put our time, money, energy, blood, sweat, tears into these teams and these players. We are the ones that celebrate. We are the ones that get pissed. We are the ones living and dying on every single turn of a game, or in an offseason, or whatever. A team is nothing without its fanbase.

I'll be saying "we" until the day I die, because I am a representative of the teams I root for.
OP:

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #28
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
As a Bills fan, there is a we. Why the hell else would I, and guys like SPTO, muggins, TJ, Kaiser Wilhelm, j_posse, and the other Bills Backers keep coming back for more every year?

It's not a fan thing, it's a love affair. A ****ed up love affair.

Circle the wagons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #29
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
As a Bills fan, there is a we. Why the hell else would I, and guys like SPTO, muggins, TJ, Kaiser Wilhelm, j_posse, and the other Bills Backers keep coming back for more every year?

It's not a fan thing, it's a love affair. A ****ed up love affair.

Circle the wagons!
I like the pain and despair of having my hopes shattered. Why else do you guys think I want to keep Fitzy.

Also, I have no issue with people saying we.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 3

I think this would only be a problem if you were having a conversation with someone who actually played on the team you were referring to as we.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 0

I think the same people who say "we" are the ones that wear the jerseys of 20+ year olds. Have some pride people...what is that telling your child when a 30 year old is wearing a jersey of a 22 year old? I feel really bad for these people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #32
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

63 "likes" for my post in this thread? Y'all are crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »