Home

Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (11-1) @ Carolina Panthers (3-9)

This is a discussion on Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (11-1) @ Carolina Panthers (3-9) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (11-1) @ Carolina Panthers (3-9)

The Panthers are talking trash and look to be extra motivated in this one after the week 4 game: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...tlanta-falcons

Quote:
Hardy is among several Carolina defensive players who felt disrespected by Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan after television cameras caught him cursing as he shouted get off our field toward the Panthers sidelines in the final seconds of Atlanta's Week 4 win at the Georgia Dome.
Sounds like Carolina will be coming after Matty Ice with some extra intensity.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
As a Falcon fan I actually love seeing this kind of heat going into a divisional rivalry game. They are talking loud just like Matt Ryan talked loud after they sent Panthers home with a loss. A team should be confident.

However it's only if you can back it up that is. Roddy White talks a lot so I can't speak for him but Ryan is usually very humble but in the heat of the moment in a huge comeback after a win he let himself go, and rightfully so any rivalry win can bring that out of you. That said, Ryan didn't let it rip until everything was said and done.

Love to see rivalries burn hot (as long as no one is looking to injure anyone) but come on they are talking just a little too loudly, it's not like we are talking about the Saints here, beat us and then talk all you want otherwise it's hot air.

I love the Panthers, you guys have come a long way and now have a legitimate team but not far enough to be taken seriously when one player mouths off.

Speaking of the Saints a lot of rivals are talking "disrespect" from the Falcons but I don't remember anyone talking about how cocky the Saints were the year they almost went undefeated and won the SB and trust me they were, people were rooting for the Saints that year though because of what happened.

All that said bring on the rivalry, no point in having divisional rivalries if everyone wants to play nice all the time. Bring the heat and make it a good game.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Week 14: Atlanta Falcons (11-1) @ Carolina Panthers (3-9)

Anyone else feel as if the Falcons arnt trying this game? I was just talking to my friends who 1 is a Panthers fan and the other is a Saints fan and they both agree that it looks like the Falcons are just playing to play not playing to win. I agree with my friend who is a Saints fan that said that the Playoffs is a momentum game and giving up games isnt smart but the way the Falcons are playing today it just looks like it lol. We had the ball for THREE minutes and we had no desire to go for it. We just think the Falcons are just tryna get this game over with. They win, cool, they lose, oh well.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Nice to hear Gus Johnson calling a pro game again.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Pro

Like come on! Why are they playing so soft lol Aw well its only the 1st half. Nothing can really be determined until the 4th quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunLotto
Anyone else feel as if the Falcons arnt trying this game? I was just talking to my friends who 1 is a Panthers fan and the other is a Saints fan and they both agree that it looks like the Falcons are just playing to play not playing to win. I agree with my friend who is a Saints fan that said that the Playoffs is a momentum game and giving up games isnt smart but the way the Falcons are playing today it just looks like it lol. We had the ball for THREE minutes and we had no desire to go for it. We just think the Falcons are just tryna get this game over with. They win, cool, they lose, oh well.
I definitely agree that is what it looks like but injuries have hurt the secondary. Grimes for the season, Asante out with a still injured shoulder, Dunta has been shook up multiple times. William Moore out for the game. So that is why the D is so soft right now, can't afford anymore injuries.

As for the offense, I have no idea why they aren't playing to win. Lotta lost possessions. I won't say we aren't trying though until we come out at half which is usually where we pick the game back up. We'll see.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Seriously Atlanta?
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
Pro

Whether Falcons win or lose today I wouldnt care cause they are in the playoffs regardless so im happy, but its just too bad to watch anymore. Im done watching this game until the 4th. If they show urgency in the 4th I'll continue to watch, if not aw well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »