Home

Week 16 SNF: San Francisco 49ers (10-3-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (9-5)

This is a discussion on Week 16 SNF: San Francisco 49ers (10-3-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (9-5) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #41

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Week 16 SNF: San Francisco 49ers (10-3-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (9-5)

Seattle fans on this site have really made it easy to root for San Fran tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I always root for San Fran because of Harbaughs ties to the Colts. But.. Seattle is a fun team to watch. Really like Russell Wilsons game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Seattle fans on this site have really made it easy to root for San Fran tonight.
Quote:
I'm curious to see what adjustments the Seahawks defense will make to stop the run. That 49ers offensive line absolutely dominated the Seahawks front 7 last time around. That was the most disappointing part of that game to me. The run defense is going to have to step up big time, and the front 7 is going to have to get off their blocks a lot better this time around.
Quote:
Wilson can make a case for OROY on a big stage if he throws for 600 yards and 8 touchdowns and goes another 200 yards and 3 scores on the ground. In all seriousness I think it will be a great game and the crowd will be jumpin. Seattle has looked unbeatable so this will be a measuring stick gearing up for the playoffs. I'll take the Hawks at home 16-10
Quote:
I think the Hawks stay undefeated home, 27-17.
Quote:
Richard Sherman's suspension appeal hearing is Friday. Seattle could potentially be without their top 4 corners. This could be disastrous.
Quote:
Yup, absolutely terrifying if Sherman is out. Gonna need that offense to be flawless
Quote:
Rulings on appeals don't usually come out until the next week so Sherman will most likely play. The Hawks almost beat the Niners last year at home with T-Jack at QB so I like their chances with Russell Wilson. Hawks win 24-20.
Quote:
Yeah..but Kap puts nearly as much of a dynamic spin on the Niners as Wilson does for the Seahawks. This is going to be a dogfight.

I like our chances at home, though. And Wilson will be ready.

I also like how aggressively we're closing games lately, as opposed to Harbaugh's approach when he's leading with zones and more passive offense.
Quote:
This will definitley be a tough one at home. I kinda wish the Hawks had more to play for than just clinching a playoff spot, but New England didn't get the job done. Plus, it isn't like the NFC West title is out of reach, it's just a little more remote.My biggest worry is Colin Kapernick. He's the biggest x-factor in this game. I have no worries that Russell Wilson will do his thing, but how will this defense handle the most mobile QB they have faced this season outside of Cam Newton? Not to mention Kap can sling that ball around, and with a possible suspension for Sherman looming, I'm biting my nails a bit.My prediction: Seahawks 28, 49ers 27. This will be a tight one, but I think Wilson saves the day for the 4th time this season...
Quote:
I think the Seahawks win this one, 20-13.

I respect the Niners a great deal... But Seattle is on a roll, and will not have a letdown at home. It's going to be a dog fight, but I really think they will pull out the win. Century Link is going to be insanely loud for a Prime Time game and hopefully they can start quick and get to Kaepernick early. From there, I think the D just needs to hold and the Seahawks will get the win.

Biggest game of the year, on a huge stage. I think they'll be up for the challenge.
Quote:
This. Factor in Justin Smith may be ailing, if not outright out for the game, and the Seahawks have a legit shot winning this one. I think it's going to be tight, with the team that wins turn overs, commits the fewest penalties, and performs best on special teams winning.
Quote:
Jason Jones got put on IR today. That really sucks. Alan Branch might miss the game Sunday too. Could be looking at another dominating ground game for SF.
That's enough.

Yeah, I guess I can see how Seattle fans are annoying and huge homers in this thread. Not one called for a blowout, not one didn't respect the Niners. Not sure where this comes from... Like I said before, and I am not playing the woe is me card, but anything Seattle fans say that is remotely positive gets construed the wrong way. I literally have no idea what would make you say what you did, but whatever.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

14-0 now. Seahawks haven't missed a beat from their previous two performances so far.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
That's enough.

Yeah, I guess I can see how Seattle fans are annoying and huge homers in this thread. Not one called for a blowout, not one didn't respect the Niners. Not sure where this comes from... Like I said before, and I am not playing the woe is me card, but anything Seattle fans say that is remotely positive gets construed the wrong way. I literally have no idea what would make you say what you did, but whatever.
Yeah, in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Yeah, in this thread.
There's some idiot homers to be sure. No one would dispute that.

Like I said before, it just kind of baffles me a little bit. In my personal life and on here, I just don't see the reason for someone to say that. Most of us are level headed and rational. I can't count how many Seahawks fans said RG3 was their Rookie of the Year in that other thread, despite the year Wilson has had.

I need to quit letting it rile me up and just not give an eff.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #47

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12
There's some idiot homers to be sure. No one would dispute that.

Like I said before, it just kind of baffles me a little bit. In my personal life and on here, I just don't see the reason for someone to say that. Most of us are level headed and rational. I can't count how many Seahawks fans said RG3 was their Rookie of the Year in that other thread, despite the year Wilson has had.

I need to quit letting it rile me up and just not give an eff.
Don't take it personally.

It is what it is, Seahawk fans have become the Bama fans of the NFL to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's not a knock on you so don't take it as one.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It is what it is, Seahawk fans have become the Bama fans of the NFL to me.
Only without the championships.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »