Home

Who Has A Better Career. Randy Moss or Ray Lewis..?

This is a discussion on Who Has A Better Career. Randy Moss or Ray Lewis..? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who Has A Better Career. Randy Moss or Ray Lewis..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
Look up the pop culture/urban dictionary reference of calling somebody a "clown shoe", it has everything to do with how they act and nothing to do with anything physical.

I also disagree that Moss wasn't a problem off the field in his younger years, there is a reason he hails from Marshall and not ND or FSU. Carter's mentoring of Moss is on a whole different level then what we've possibly ever seen out of any two players. It was very well documented and Carter talks to this day about his love for Moss but also his frustration with him.

There really is no way to tell or not to tell, but IMO an unchecked 21 year old Randy Moss would have been just as bad or worse then anything we're seeing out of any of these guys, past or present.
I remember the Chris Carter from Ohio State that went in the supplemental draft. The same Chris Carter who was traded from the Eagles because Buddy Ryan and eagles couldn't managed his alcohol abuse. The same Chris Carter who was a "dry drunk" on the Vikings and received support from Coach Green and then turned on that same Coach.

I can say Chris Carter issues were more severe and receive much more support than Moss. Buddy Ryan for years was laughing stock on Entertainment SPN because the only thing Chris Carter could do was "catch touchdowns" because Buddy Ryan didn't put his addiction on blast for the world to know.

Randy Moss like it or not is the most productive wr is this era. Ask the dbs he went against how often he quit on plays.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #34
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
I had a debate with a friend and he said Moss has a better career and I said Ray Lewis. I just want to know who you guys think has a better career..?
DA PLAYA WID DA MOST RINGZ HAS DA BETTUH CURREER

- Troll
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
How is this even a question?

Moss should have been the best player ever at his position but never fulfilled his potential and tended to disappear in the biggest games. Also when things didn't go his way he, packed it in.

Ray Lewis brought it every week.. Guy played to his maximum potential, for a ridiculously long time, particularly given his position. He also showed up when the games mattered most, and he was rewarded with a couple of SB rings for his efforts.

Moss was a great talent who had some huge seasons when things went his way, but in this case there's no debate, Lewis in a landslide.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #36
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I'd say both were equals with regard to their respective positions. So, at this point in time, it comes down to accolades, stats and attitude. Obviously, stats for a defensive player do not grant the whole picture so that should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'd say Lewis given the accolades and his attitude. As others have stated, Moss quite when things did not go his way. So, I'm going to say no to Randy having the better career.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #37
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48 hours
I remember the Chris Carter from Ohio State that went in the supplemental draft. The same Chris Carter who was traded from the Eagles because Buddy Ryan and eagles couldn't managed his alcohol abuse. The same Chris Carter who was a "dry drunk" on the Vikings and received support from Coach Green and then turned on that same Coach.

I can say Chris Carter issues were more severe and receive much more support than Moss. Buddy Ryan for years was laughing stock on Entertainment SPN because the only thing Chris Carter could do was "catch touchdowns" because Buddy Ryan didn't put his addiction on blast for the world to know.

Randy Moss like it or not is the most productive wr is this era. Ask the dbs he went against how often he quit on plays.
Who is this Chris Carter guy? There's a hall-of-famer named Cris Carter, but I've never heard of this Chris Carter guy...

Anyhow, OP is really comparing apples to oranges. Both players are, in my book HOFers, and some of the best at their respective trades. If we're talking more talent, hands down Moss wins. There has been no player that I've seen who had the complete package of speed, hands and athleticism that Moss has/had. However, the work ethic was nowhere to be found throughout his entire career, and I think that is what gives Ray Lewis the edge. But again, apples to oranges and it's not an easy comparison.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 02-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Who is this Chris Carter guy? There's a hall-of-famer named Cris Carter, but I've never heard of this Chris Carter guy...

Anyhow, OP is really comparing apples to oranges. Both players are, in my book HOFers, and some of the best at their respective trades. If we're talking more talent, hands down Moss wins. There has been no player that I've seen who had the complete package of speed, hands and athleticism that Moss has/had. However, the work ethic was nowhere to be found throughout his entire career, and I think that is what gives Ray Lewis the edge. But again, apples to oranges and it's not an easy comparison.
I agree with the apples and oranges when comparing different positions. I always felt the quitting label is a crutch for lazy analysis.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 10

It's a interesting comparison. I think there a little more close than people on this forum think.Moss was a freak in his prime, and his numbers make him the second best reciever of all time. Ray Lewis was just a much better teammate. If Randy Moss was more respectful of a player this would be much more of a contest
Old 03-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Its Ray Lewis; he made the most of his career and had every type of success you could have. Randy Moss didnt give two ****s with all the talent in the world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »