Home

Week 1: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

This is a discussion on Week 1: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Week 1: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Carolina has only lost something like 4 or 5 games in the past 2 seasons under Rivera, so I'm expecting this one to be close, especially with all the obstacles the Seahawks have to face coming East. This could be a defensive struggle, and I think it's one that Carolina is prepared for with their improved interior line. I honestly think they have one of the best front 7 in football right now. I'm going 21 to 24 Carolina.

The Panthers just signed Quintin Mikell, so that should help us out a lot at safety.
I'm guessing this is a typo because Carolina has lost 19 games under Rivera in the past 2 seasons.

Maybe you meant by more than 10 points or something? They do lose a lot of close games. Especially when they've led in the 4th quarter.

Watch me play video games
Old 09-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I'm guessing this is a typo because Carolina has lost 19 games under Rivera in the past 2 seasons.

Maybe you meant by more than 10 points or something? They do lose a lot of close games. Especially when they've led in the 4th quarter.
Yea not sure what he meant.

Initially I thought maybe he meant home games but they lost four home games alone last year including one to Seattle.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

17-13 Seahawks thanks to 3 Cam Newton INTs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #12
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The Panthers are supposed to use the running game more (not Newton but the RBs) but from what little I saw in preseason it doesn't seem like they're keeping their promise on that pledge. I think it's all Cam Newton's show and faced with a stout defense like Seattle I can see this ending badly.

24-10 Seattle.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-03-2013, 01:34 AM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The Panthers are supposed to use the running game more (not Newton but the RBs) but from what little I saw in preseason it doesn't seem like they're keeping their promise on that pledge. I think it's all Cam Newton's show and faced with a stout defense like Seattle I can see this ending badly.

24-10 Seattle.
The OL has to open up running lanes or relying on the run won't work. That was the issue in the pre-season, and I have a feeling it'll remain that way most of the regular season. This OL just is not good.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #14
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Another thing to keep in mind: New OC Mike Shula kept the preseason playbook very vanilla. We didn't do much in the way of deep passing, playaction, etc. No read option. Carolina uses a vertical passing attack, so it'll be much more opened up than it was in preseason, and we'd be silly not to use the read option at least a few times. And say what you want about Seattle's D...Kuechly can take over a game. We've got one of the best front 7s in football, and that can mask a lot in the secondary.

I think Carolina catches Seattle sleeping. 24-17 Panthers.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 09-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Another thing to keep in mind: New OC Mike Shula kept the preseason playbook very vanilla. We didn't do much in the way of deep passing, playaction, etc. No read option. Carolina uses a vertical passing attack, so it'll be much more opened up than it was in preseason, and we'd be silly not to use the read option at least a few times. And say what you want about Seattle's D...Kuechly can take over a game. We've got one of the best front 7s in football, and that can mask a lot in the secondary.

I think Carolina catches Seattle sleeping. 24-17 Panthers.
I love the optimism. I actually hope they don't run the read option at all.. it didn't work last year. But I do agree with the vanilla offense, Shula should open things up more.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #16
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

I can see why this might be a closer game than what most expect, as Seattle has historically been a poor road team and it's a West coast team traveling to the opposite coast for an early game.

I still think the Seahawks will pull it out though, in general Defenses start the season a bit ahead of Offenses (although that trend is starting to buck the past few seasons) and Seattle is shaping to have one of the best Defenses in the League. Carolina's front 7 is shaping up to be really strong so it should be tough to run on them but if any team can I think Seattle with Marshawn, and a new comer to watch Christine Michael should be a good one..two combo that can gain yardage of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »