Home

2014 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 Training Camp/Preseason Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #49
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2014 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I really liked having football back on my TV. The Giants offense started slow, but looked progressively better. Rashad Jennings and Andre Williams looks like a promising one-two punch. Williams looked very good, even scoring a touchdown.
I was impressed with Andre Williams. Kid from Boston College ran with good pad level, kind of reminded me a bit of Ahmad Bradshaw (#44 and all) don't know if he can pass block like Bradshaw did just yet, but promising indeed.

I think the Giants are going to have to operate mainly with the Ground game, and screens this year. As their O-line seems like it works better when they get going downhill. When they set back in Pass drops they look lost.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Its week one preseason. Nothing to take out of that game other than nobody got seriously injured.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #51
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Its week one preseason. Nothing to take out of that game other than nobody got seriously injured.
Exactly... but then poor David Wilson.

Anyway, I wish the Giants would run more screens. I don't think they have since 2008. Williams looks very good, liked him for a while now. Johnathan Hankins too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #52
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Things I took away from the HOF Game:

1) We may have something that loosely resembles a left tackle for the first time since Jason Peters.

2) When Eric Wood inevitably goes down with an injury, we might actually have a backup center instead of having to shift the entire offensive line.

3) Robert Woods looks like he is improving nicely, now if only he can stay on the field.

4) EJ Manuel looks bad, Jeff Tuel is pretty much Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Thad Lewis will be the #3.

5) The defense still looks strong despite changing schemes.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #53
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
Exactly... but then poor David Wilson.

Anyway, I wish the Giants would run more screens. I don't think they have since 2008. Williams looks very good, liked him for a while now. Johnathan Hankins too.
With Ben McAdoo as your OC take it from a Packer's fan, you will have a lot more screens in your offense.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #54
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
2014 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm

4) EJ Manuel looks bad,

I watched the first quarter twice and it just seems that he had no passing lanes. As a former QB (4 yrs in HS / 2 yrs in D3 before knee surgery) I always felt it was my responsibility to make a passing lane if my offense line didn't open any up or work to keep DL's hands down. EJ needs to work on that or he is going to continue to have a lot of batted balls. Luckily for him they were batted down and not up into the air.

But I still think it's early preseason and they are just working out the kinks. At the same time they, as an offensive unit needs to make sure this doesn't become a theme.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #55
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I watched the first quarter twice and it just seems that he had no passing lanes. As a former QB (4 yrs in HS / 2 yrs in D3 before knee surgery) I always felt it was my responsibility to make a passing lane if my offense line didn't open any up or work to keep DL's hands down. EJ needs to work on that or he is going to continue to have a lot of batted balls. Luckily for him they were batted down and not up into the air.

But I still think it's early preseason and they are just working out the kinks. At the same time they, as an offensive unit needs to make sure this doesn't become a theme.
I know I'm being hard and reading way too much into this, but nothing looked different at all. Admittedly I only watched it live but I seem to recall him just staring down his man on those bat downs. It's concerning.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #56
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

The best thing about Preseason Games getting started up tonight? It means we'll have Football every weekend from now thru the rest of the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »