Home

NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #777
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFC Championship: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs. (2) Green Bay Packers

They were up 12 with 2:10 left and losing 45 seconds later!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #778
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Man Russell has had some bad games this year but this one was another level of horrific for most of the game. Cannot believe how much better he was down the stretch though. That was awesome to see him bounce back.

This defense is incredible. To keep the team in the game the way they did was unreal.

Love this team. Time to look for some flights and game tickets.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #779
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Did you miss all the times GB got stopped at the goal line this season? It was a lot.
I was curious so I checked....Green Bay ran a play from the opponents 1 yard line 20 (counting today) times this year. On their first 8 they scored a TD...since that point they have run 12 plays in a row from the 1 (counting today) without scoring. That's insane!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM   #780
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
I genuinely think we can win the superbowl. I'd take us against Luck and Indy easily, and the Pats would give us a good game, but I think we could, COULD beat them. We held Manning and co. (which imo is a better offense than NE) to 8 points last year. We could easily do the same to Brady. It'll be a good game for sure. New England, Indianapolis, bring it on.
I'd give Seattle a 50/50 chance
Old 01-18-2015, 08:03 PM   #781
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Don't want to dwell on McCarthy's decisions to settle for the FGs since it's not a major reason (or even most of the reason) why the Packers lost, but the basic logic works like this:

18/19 yard FG = 3 points

vs

1 yard run (best case scenario) = 7 points
Stopped at the line of scrimmage (worst case scenario) = 0 points on the scoreboard, but you pin a struggling offense at their own end zone which itself is worth a couple of points over the long run assuming the defense either gets a safety or a stop (and good field position from a punt from the end zone).

Yeah, Seattle's got an awesome defense, but Green Bay led the league in scoring for a reason.

I don't have the percentages since advancedfootballanalytics.com is down right now, but basic logic favors going for it by quite a bit.
I'll agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I actually do not mine Seahawks going. If it was 9ers than I would be mad lol.

Anyways I just do not get why people think he is good coach. Maybe because I'm caught up with Bruce Arians this year. He reminds me of how the pats or manning play. If they got you down, they bury you. They don't toy around and call pansy stuff. They bury you. Even with our bad QB play, Arians still tried to bury teams when we got the lead(of course as you can see by our scores it didn't work out too much lol). I guess Every time I look at McCarthy I just see a guy that wants to bury really bad teams, but against any good team he turns into this conservative guy. I guess as a Cards fan looking at the packers I just shake my head because if Rodgers was on the Cards, man oh man.
And if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...The problem is, people don't "bury" this Seattle team. There's a reason they've been so dominant--historically dominant--on defense for a 3 year period. They don't give up yards and points. At 22 points, even with all those FGs instead of the TDs a much better coach would have gotten, the Packers exceeded SEA's average PPG allowed by a whole TD. And they beat the spread, too.

Going into this game, nobody thought GB was going to win. Circumstances changed so that the Packers were improbably playing from ahead the entire game, but what didn't change was the reasons why Seattle was so heavily favored. Home game at Century Link. Dominant defense. Wilson and Lynch able to make plays at any time. Aaron Rodgers leg injury. None of that suddenly went out the window just because Seattle came out flat.

That Seattle won was a freak occurrence, not something a coach can really be blamed for, and I am struggling to see why everyone continues to pick the low-hanging fruit and blame it on the coaching when you can look at execution (defending a fake FG or a botched onside recovery) as much, much more impactful. To be honest, I think people are just too lazy to think of better reasons and it is just all too easy to blame a coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2015, 08:09 PM   #782
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
I hope you have your same 'opinion' about your boy, Ray.
Dude, let it go. I'm sensing some serious hostility. I have this feeling you're not a big Ravens fan.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:12 PM   #783
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Don't think anyone has brought it up, but anyone else baffled why Morgan Burnett gave himself up right away after intercepting Wilson's last pass?

The guy easily could have ran down the sideline and gained an additional 20-30 yards and improved Green Bay's field position. If there was a minute left on the clock, I could understand downing it, but not there.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #784
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

The minute I saw that play I wondered wth are you doing?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »