Home

Could Garropolo Take Brady's Job?

This is a discussion on Could Garropolo Take Brady's Job? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Could Garropolo Take Brady's Job?

If you asked me this time last year if Garoppolo could take his job in two years my answer would be very different. Coming off a Super Bowl and taking the current circumstances surround the team, my answer is no, not in the foreseeable future.

Brady's support is at an all-time high in the area, and Kraft has married himself to him in the process. Things can change in professional sports, it's business after all, but my answer for now is hell no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Could Garropolo Take Brady's Job?

IF he went 4-0 then the Patriots would trade him for a 1st round pick and conditional first born of the Commish.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Drew Bledsoe was never future HOFer, face of the franchise, 4 SB winner, Tom Brady. And the Drew Bledsoe Pats were not face of the league, dynasty, 4 SB winning Pats of today.

And that's not even considering that Brady was the SB MVP from just a year ago... this isn't like the Ravens getting rid of Dilfer after winning the title.
Okay, but let's be fair to Drew Bledsoe. The name Drew Bledsoe meant something more back then. At one time he was on his way and was an top QB in the NFL who was a major piece of resurrecting the Patriots. He took that franchise to a Super Bowl, lost yes, but to a clearly superior team.

Injuries did Bledsoe in, but he was no slouch. This was consensus, which is why the controversy over benching him for Tom Brady erupted the way it did, and erupted is the perfect word for it. I myself went nuts over this decision. Nobody was really behind it; it took Tom Brady to come in and play so well to get people to get over the controversy and accept what was happening.

No one could've imagined that Tom Brady would turn out to be not only better than Drew Bledsoe, but wind up one of the top 5 all-time greats. It was just a freak happening that allowed him to even get in to have a chance.

I think because of how well Brady blew away Drew Bledsoe's chances in New England, history tends to almost paint Bledsoe as some faceless nobody. But the truth is, Drew Bledsoe was the real deal. Tom Brady was/is just more real.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
Okay, but let's be fair to Drew Bledsoe. The name Drew Bledsoe meant something more back then. At one time he was on his way and was an top QB in the NFL who was a major piece of resurrecting the Patriots. He took that franchise to a Super Bowl, lost yes, but to a clearly superior team.

Injuries did Bledsoe in, but he was no slouch. This was consensus, which is why the controversy over benching him for Tom Brady erupted the way it did, and erupted is the perfect word for it. I myself went nuts over this decision. Nobody was really behind it; it took Tom Brady to come in and play so well to get people to get over the controversy and accept what was happening.

No one could've imagined that Tom Brady would turn out to be not only better than Drew Bledsoe, but wind up one of the top 5 all-time greats. It was just a freak happening that allowed him to even get in to have a chance.

I think because of how well Brady blew away Drew Bledsoe's chances in New England, history tends to almost paint Bledsoe as some faceless nobody. But the truth is, Drew Bledsoe was the real deal. Tom Brady was/is just more real.
I agree with you completely...Drew was no slouch and the Kraft's and Belichick recognized that. He had just signed a 10 year $100M contract. It's just that Tom Brady has played so much better than Drew that everyone forgets how good he actually was.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Since Hoodie took Brady, he drafted at QB:

117th, 2002- Rohan Davey
201st, 2003- Kliff Kingsbury
230th, 2005- Matt Cassel
94th, 2008- Kevin O'Connell
250th, 2010- Zac Robinson
74th, 2011- Ryan Mallett
62nd, 2014- Jimmy Garoppolo

Garoppolo isn't going to take Brady's job. Garoppolo isn't even going to be Brady's replacement when Brady retires. This is Denis Dixon all over again.
Whats your point, those are all late round picks except for O'Connell, Mallet and Garoppolo. O'Connell did suck but now Mallet is starter for Texans and Garopollo has tools to be successful.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

I liked Bledsoe and said nothing to knock him. He is still very far from deserving to be in the same conversation as Tom Brady in this regard. This could be closer to a Favre/Rodgers comparison, and even there Favre had the yearly confusion of whether he was coming back or not, which makes it hard for teams to build going into a season.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I liked Bledsoe and said nothing to knock him. He is still very far from deserving to be in the same conversation as Tom Brady in this regard. This could be closer to a Favre/Rodgers comparison, and even there Favre had the yearly confusion of whether he was coming back or not, which makes it hard for teams to build going into a season.
How many QB's are really in the conversation with Tom Brady though? Outside Montana, Elway, Peyton Manning, Unitas, Marino, Favre, Brady doesn't have many other QB's who could put up an argument, and a few of them were essentially numbers guys who became known for blowing a lot of big games.

I think Bledsoe fizzled out at just the wrong time unfortunately, but he deserves a nod for the hall of very good at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
How many QB's are really in the conversation with Tom Brady though? Outside Montana, Elway, Peyton Manning, Unitas, Marino, Favre, Brady doesn't have many other QB's who could put up an argument, and a few of them were essentially numbers guys who became known for blowing a lot of big games.

I think Bledsoe fizzled out at just the wrong time unfortunately, but he deserves a nod for the hall of very good at least.
Which is exactly why I said the idea of someone with 4 good games replacing him is not the same as when he replaced Bledsoe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »