Home

Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1)

This is a discussion on Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1)

This Ravens team = 2013 all over again. I think last year Kubiak and Dennison had more control over the offense than people realize. Now that they are gone the offense has reverted back to 2013. The blocking is horrible most of the time. We did finally run the football well last night, but Castillo is a problem IMO. We have no playmakers at WR outside of a 36 year old SSS who's already said he's done after the season. Even if Perriman were playing we'd still be screwed at the WR position the next season. We are going to have to draft another WR early next year.

Defensively I said when he got the job, I did not like Dean Pees. We are on 3 seasons and I still don't. Defensive calls were about fear the entire 1st half. I'm not sure what has changed in their "technique" but whatever it is, guys look LOST at times.

I'm not sure we'll beat Cleveland in 10 days, we'll see. But what I can say about the Division, none of the teams are probably going that far. Cincy is doing their normal thing right now, but they have gaps and I don't see them hanging with the top AFC squads either. Unfortunately, the top squad is the Patriots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
But what I can say about the Division, none of the teams are probably going that far. Cincy is doing their normal thing right now, but they have gaps and I don't see them hanging with the top AFC squads either. Unfortunately, the top squad is the Patriots.
I pretty much agree but I think Pitt's offense is something to be feared only if Big Ben is at the helm, and remember Martavis Bryant is coming back. Of course Ben is out for a bit.

EDIT: Interesting stat-Only 28.6% of 50 or more yard FGs are made at Heinz Field since it's opening in 2001. In that same period, at all other stadiums, the number is 57.6%.

Last edited by JayBee74; 10-02-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #83
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
One thing that isn't glorious is the Cincinnati Bengal's playoff record, or the inexplicable rehiring of a coach who's record pales in comparison to Harbaugh's or Tomlin's.

I don't think the Ravens are a great football team. I saw your team BARELY beat our struggling squad last week. I KNOW your team is not a great football team.
Not sure what bearing the Bengals' lack of recent playoff success has on anything they do this year. A lot of football left to be played this season, but right now they're head-and-shoulders above anyone in the AFC North and boast one of the deepest rosters in the NFL.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not sure what bearing the Bengals' lack of recent playoff success has on anything they do this year. A lot of football left to be played this season, but right now they're head-and-shoulders above anyone in the AFC North and boast one of the deepest rosters in the NFL.
Marvin Lewis isn't bearing enough for you? Sorry if you don't win playoff games you're doing something wrong.

The Bengals have a talented roster? How many years have you heard that?

And how good can they be? We almost beat them!!! More BEARING!!!!
Old 10-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
So it took a Raven WIN to get you to say something is amiss in Baltimore? I guess the 0-3 start didn't convince you.

I think maybe your comment reflects the fact you weren't too crazy about the Ravens beating Pitt.
I knew something was amiss, but that did NOT look like a desperate team that would go to no ends to save their season.

I was very surprised at their performance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I pretty much agree but I think Pitt's offense is something to be feared only if Big Ben is at the helm, and remember Martavis Bryant is coming back. Of course Ben is out for a bit.

EDIT: Interesting stat-Only 28.6% of 50 or more yard FGs are made at Heinz Field since it's opening in 2001. In that same period, at all other stadiums, the number is 57.6%.
Yes with Ben back the offense will be something. But that defense is going to get lit up by the top AFC squads. We just didn't have a WR that could isolate and test their suspect CB's. Wait until they face good WR's and their cbs are isolated vs them. It's toast city. And the fact that our horrible blocking offensive line opened up things for Forsett to run that much on them. They either have some things that CAN be fixed or they are in trouble.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yes with Ben back the offense will be something. But that defense is going to get lit up by the top AFC squads. We just didn't have a WR that could isolate and test their suspect CB's. Wait until they face good WR's and their cbs are isolated vs them. It's toast city. And the fact that our horrible blocking offensive line opened up things for Forsett to run that much on them. They either have some things that CAN be fixed or they are in trouble.
I agree. Their run defense is not that bad though. The Ravens actually have to be credited a little bit for running the ball.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I agree. Their run defense is not that bad though. The Ravens actually have to be credited a little bit for running the ball.
Not this year. That was our best game. Last year Forsett was 5.4 ypc which was best in the league. Until this past game he was 5th WORSE in the league and our run game was 5th WORSE. Either the light came on for our OL, which maybe it did with respect to run blocking, or Pitts run defense has major gaps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »