Home

Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1)

This is a discussion on Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Not this year. That was our best game. Last year Forsett was 5.4 ypc which was best in the league. Until this past game he was 5th WORSE in the league and our run game was 5th WORSE. Either the light came on for our OL, which maybe it did with respect to run blocking, or Pitts run defense has major gaps.
I know. I heard the stat yesterday on the fantasy channel. Forsett had 39 carries, 16 of those going for ZERO or negative yards. Doesn't mean that they can't fix some things as the early season progresses. Wasn't Pitt 9th in rush defense coming into this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
I knew something was amiss, but that did NOT look like a desperate team that would go to no ends to save their season.

I was very surprised at their performance.
I think we've already heard your deep psychological analysis of the Raven's collective player's mindset. Tough loss. Let's move on.

Last edited by JayBee74; 10-02-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:53 AM   #90
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I don't know anything about psychological states and all that, but I can say what my eyes see, which is only an interpretation. They don't look convincing to me at all. I felt like the game was over so many damn times and Pitt just kept making mistakes that helped us eventually win. Cincy tried to do the same thing last week, we just didn't get the crease that we got in this game. That game was also over so many times, but Lewis had some bad decision making that allowed the Ravens to get back in it.

I've seen four games. I see a QB that doesn't trust the line in front of him because the line either at times looks lost. A QB that also force feeds it to a 36 year of WR because nobody else has earned his trust. But he was forced to at least try other guys when Smith went out last night. And what won it for us, we grinded it out on the ground.

I see a guy like Michael Campanaro who IMO has great talent, but his body just can't hang in the NFL. He makes some plays but then he's out 5 to 7 weeks or more

WR's that cannot get open and win isolation match ups.

On that one interception, the CB didn't even pay attention to Brown because he knew and everybody else knew that Flacco was not going to throw it to Brown, especially after Brown dropped an easy one earlier.

Defensively, I see a CB that flashes but still hasn't regained his form coming off of Lysfrac surgery. Another CB who's basically just done. I was impressed with Davis though. Hopefully he gets alot more snaps. Arrington, I'm not sure what the deal is.

Front seven played well except for the run. But I'll credit that to Bell and the Steelers OL. Bell has to be one of the most patient backs I've ever seen. Literally, the defense does what they are supposed to do in holding up blockers, but Bell just waits and waits until there is a crease and accelerates so damn fast. That guy is really good.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I don't know anything about psychological states and all that, but I can say what my eyes see, which is only an interpretation. They don't look convincing to me at all. I felt like the game was over so many damn times and Pitt just kept making mistakes that helped us eventually win. Cincy tried to do the same thing last week, we just didn't get the crease that we got in this game. That game was also over so many times, but Lewis had some bad decision making that allowed the Ravens to get back in it.

I've seen four games. I see a QB that doesn't trust the line in front of him because the line either at times looks lost. A QB that also force feeds it to a 36 year of WR because nobody else has earned his trust. But he was forced to at least try other guys when Smith went out last night. And what won it for us, we grinded it out on the ground.

I see a guy like Michael Campanaro who IMO has great talent, but his body just can't hang in the NFL. He makes some plays but then he's out 5 to 7 weeks or more

WR's that cannot get open and win isolation match ups.

On that one interception, the CB didn't even pay attention to Brown because he knew and everybody else knew that Flacco was not going to throw it to Brown, especially after Brown dropped an easy one earlier.

Defensively, I see a CB that flashes but still hasn't regained his form coming off of Lysfrac surgery. Another CB who's basically just done. I was impressed with Davis though. Hopefully he gets alot more snaps. Arrington, I'm not sure what the deal is.

Front seven played well except for the run. But I'll credit that to Bell and the Steelers OL. Bell has to be one of the most patient backs I've ever seen. Literally, the defense does what they are supposed to do in holding up blockers, but Bell just waits and waits until there is a crease and accelerates so damn fast. That guy is really good.
The Ravens are a mess. I agree. I don't agree that they didn't go all out to win this game.

Bell can make anyone look bad. You talk about patience...that one run..he seemed to shift back and forth for a minute and then picked up 5 or 6 out of a play that should have been no gain or negative.

Would love to see Perriman get a shot. His development could be one thing to get interested in this season. I know they aren't going to rush his healing process and they shouldn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #92
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
The Ravens are a mess. I agree. I don't agree that they didn't go all out to win this game.

Bell can make anyone look bad. You talk about patience...that one run..he seemed to shift back and forth for a minute and then picked up 5 or 6 out of a play that should have been no gain or negative.

Would love to see Perriman get a shot. His development could be one thing to get interested in this season. I know they aren't going to rush his healing process and they shouldn't.
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from Perriman this season. He just had to get a knee procedure, and I can't imagine they rush him back. Receiver is gonna continue to be a problem, maybe even more so than it already is. Smith is already wearing down, Campanaro is hurt again. I'm glad we got a win, and the next two games could put them back in position. But my confidence is not high for the marathon that is the NFL season.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
One thing that isn't glorious is the Cincinnati Bengal's playoff record, or the inexplicable rehiring of a coach who's record pales in comparison to Harbaugh's or Tomlin's.

I don't think the Ravens are a great football team. I saw your team BARELY beat our struggling squad last week. I KNOW your team is not a great football team.
Lol this is the most loaded and complete Bengals team we've had, so you're clearly not watching closely enough. Barely or not, we went on the road and beat a division opponent in their house. That's never easy to do, especially in the AFC North.

Sent from my SM-G925V
Old 10-03-2015, 01:27 AM   #94
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything from Perriman this season. He just had to get a knee procedure, and I can't imagine they rush him back. Receiver is gonna continue to be a problem, maybe even more so than it already is. Smith is already wearing down, Campanaro is hurt again. I'm glad we got a win, and the next two games could put them back in position. But my confidence is not high for the marathon that is the NFL season.
The knee procedure was nothing more than a checkup to see if there was an underlying issue.

The good news is that there was nothing, the bad news is that the injury he had should have healed a long time ago.

I don't know what to expect from Perriman. I am worried that this is one of those picks like Kindle.

We basically have the receiving talent of an expansion team. Then next year will probably be worse with Smith retiring.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #95
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Lol this is the most loaded and complete Bengals team we've had, so you're clearly not watching closely enough. Barely or not, we went on the road and beat a division opponent in their house. That's never easy to do, especially in the AFC North.
Your the one that comes into a Raven-Steeler thread thumping your chest, because you thought both teams looked "terrible". How did you think your Bengals looked against Baltimore? You won, like the Ravens did, but did you look that good?

I think they're a decent team, but put on the breaks. Your bell cow back is struggling, two of your victories have come against the Chargers and Baltimore, boasting a combined 2-5 record, you beat the Raiders with the up and coming Carr out early in the game, and Joe Flacco, receiverless and all throws for 360 against you.

Yeah, there a decent team, but the Bengals more times then not are a decent team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Barely or not, we went on the road and beat a division opponent in their house. That's never easy to do, especially in the AFC North.
Yeah....Ravens 23 Steelers 20......

EDIT: It's all good though. We're just a couple of fans. I get a little carried away about the Ravens, as has been well documented. The Bengals should have an opportunity this year.

Last edited by JayBee74; 10-03-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #96
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Fallout from Ravens overtime win.

@AdamSchefter: Ravens traded 7th-round pick in 2017 to Rams for WR Chris Givens. Baltimore needed WR with Steve Smith nursing back injury, Perriman down.

@CHICKatCSN: Per team source Ravens WR Steve Smith Sr. has 4 broken bones in his back. They will put him in wait & see mode (day 2 day) #ravenstalk cont

@CHICKatCSN: Also put Campanaro on IR (herniated disc) hence the trade for Rams WR Chris Givens for 7th round pick. With Perrimen ?? They're weak at WR

Appears to be one of those years for Ravens where anything that could go wrong, will go wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »