Home

Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles

This is a discussion on Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2022, 04:20 PM   #9
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Ang

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I honestly still don't understand what happened to the Chiefs yesterday. The second half of that game may have been the worst two quarters of football Patrick Mahomes has ever played as a professional; just how bad he was during that stretch was unprecedented

I can't even point to a specific flaw other than they seem to get bored out there. They feel like "Casey at the Bat" letting two strikes go by, just for the chance to try to hit the third one out of the park.

Just look at the pointless, Mickey Mouse bull**** they pull out sometimes

Like this, up three scores on Baltimore
Or this vs. Buffalo in October

Or this nonsense vs. Buffalo in the Divisional that cost them 4 points
Or this in the Super Bowl

I felt like watching that second half, they could have been throwing 5 yard curls or digs all the way down the field on every drive. But they kept throwing haymakers and failing. One thing about Brady and Belichick is that they'd be totally happy to run FB Belly for 3 straight hours if it kept working. I know, because I have watched them to it to us.

Credit to Cincy for keeping it close enough that they could seize and capitalize on those mistakes.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:17 PM   #10
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Re: Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Ang

As an entirely irrelevant aside, I love the Bengals white road unis and the Rams home unis and hate their opposites. I know Cincy is technically the home team, but wear the white for all our sakes please.
Old 01-31-2022, 09:06 PM   #11
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I honestly still don't understand what happened to the Chiefs yesterday. The second half of that game may have been the worst two quarters of football Patrick Mahomes has ever played as a professional; just how bad he was during that stretch was unprecedented.

Matthew Stafford is certainly a hot-and-cold quarterback, I'll give you that, and the Bengals defense, while they don't really have any players I'd call great other than Jessie Bates, is if nothing else opportunistic. If Stafford lays an egg, that does change things.
I watched the first meeting in the regular season and it was the same. The Chiefs disappeared completely on offense in the second half. Inexplicable. Credit to the Bengals for somehow putting KC in a trance.

If I was a Chiefs fan I would be livid that they faded against Cincinnati AGAIN.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 09:54 PM   #12
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles

And the Bengals did it without an indoor practice facility and a practice field that is almost under a highway overpass.

Mike Brown is as cheap as they come, this doesn’t change that. Also doesn’t change the fact he looked like and had the charisma of a corpse accepting that trophy.

But they’ve drafted well and finally spent some money in free agency. Definitely ahead of schedule, so it would be nice if they just go ahead and win it all…because you can’t just assume they’ll be back (I’m looking at your Aaron and the Packers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2022, 02:02 AM   #13
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

The nostalgia in me wants to see the Bengals pull it out. The realist is not so sure.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:21 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Why people still doubt us is beyond me. We make 2nd half adjustments better than almost anyone.

If we can beat KC twice and in Arrowhead, we can absolutely beat the inconsistent Rams.

I'll analyze further as time goes on but we have the more trustworthy QB. Burrow is that dude and he hasn't lost a playoff game yet in College or NFL. He doesn't shrink under pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2022, 08:56 AM   #15
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I hope State Farm runs an ad doing away with the Rodgers Rate and Patrick Price, and instead honors the Burrow Bargain and Stafford Special.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2022, 09:30 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I hope State Farm runs an ad doing away with the Rodgers Rate and Patrick Price, and instead honors the Burrow Bargain and Stafford Special.
I’m tuning in for the McPherson Markdown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »