Home

Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles

This is a discussion on Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2022, 09:40 AM   #17
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Ang

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Why people still doubt us is beyond me. We make 2nd half adjustments better than almost anyone.

If we can beat KC twice and in Arrowhead, we can absolutely beat the inconsistent Rams.

I'll analyze further as time goes on but we have the more trustworthy QB. Burrow is that dude and he hasn't lost a playoff game yet in College or NFL. He doesn't shrink under pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you feel about Zac Taylor? Seems the prevailing opinion is he’s probably holding the offense back from being even better than it can be. Are his ability to adjust underrated or is this more a credit to the DC there if you’re talking about defensive changes?

Rams have the better individual players, so it’s easy to name them the favorites. But Bengals seem to be playing more as a team and reaching their ceiling while the Rams remain inconsistent. Bengals should be underdogs, but this wouldn’t be an upset. They’re a good team playing their best ball right now. You don’t come out of the AFC by luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-01-2022, 09:52 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Ang

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
How do you feel about Zac Taylor? Seems the prevailing opinion is he’s probably holding the offense back from being even better than it can be. Are his ability to adjust underrated or is this more a credit to the DC there if you’re talking about defensive changes?

Rams have the better individual players, so it’s easy to name them the favorites. But Bengals seem to be playing more as a team and reaching their ceiling while the Rams remain inconsistent. Bengals should be underdogs, but this wouldn’t be an upset. They’re a good team playing their best ball right now. You don’t come out of the AFC by luck.
Zac is fine and he's consistent which is important. He's always trying to establish the run so they don't become predictable. I think given the state of the OL that all passing should be from the gun, the under-center passing plays need to go, especially against the Rams. They can re-visit that next season after we've hopefully signed 2-4 veteran OL.

The adjustments seem to be coming mostly from our DC Lou Anarumo. He's been masterful at it all season long.

I think they're doing the best they can with this patchwork OL. Elite DLs can take advantage of it and well every team we've played thus far in the playoffs has at least one elite pass rusher. I expect this game to look similar to the Titans game but I don't see us giving up 5+ sacks again and definitely not 9.

I'm wondering if the Rams are gonna put Ramsey on Chase and double Higgins or if they put him on Higgins and double Chase.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #19
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I'm wondering if the Rams are gonna put Ramsey on Chase and double Higgins or if they put him on Higgins and double Chase.

So this is gonna be a Tyler Boyd or CJ Uzomah game, sounds like. I’ve always loved Boyd’s game since before he came out of PITT. Nice that he gets to be part of this dynamic trio.

I’m rooting for that Cincy defense of misfits and cast offs. For all the flash of the offense, the defense has been the foundation to this playoff run. I hope they hold up for one more game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-01-2022, 01:47 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
So this is gonna be a Tyler Boyd or CJ Uzomah game, sounds like. I’ve always loved Boyd’s game since before he came out of PITT. Nice that he gets to be part of this dynamic trio.

I’m rooting for that Cincy defense of misfits and cast offs. For all the flash of the offense, the defense has been the foundation to this playoff run. I hope they hold up for one more game.
Uzomah sprained his MCL against the Chiefs and was on crutches. Didn't tear anything but he might not play in the Super Bowl, which would really suck. His leadership is extremely contagious and he's a good receiving threat unlike his backup.

I think this will be Boyd's breakout game. He's been silent these whole playoffs as Chase and Higgins have taken turn doing the damage. Boyd is as good as it gets from slot WRs...I think he's the X-factor
Old 02-01-2022, 07:16 PM   #21
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Either Tyler Boyd or Donald will get a ring, so either or for me in this one. Even with it being the Bengals.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2022, 01:00 AM   #22
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Why people still doubt us is beyond me. We make 2nd half adjustments better than almost anyone.

If we can beat KC twice and in Arrowhead, we can absolutely beat the inconsistent Rams.

I'll analyze further as time goes on but we have the more trustworthy QB. Burrow is that dude and he hasn't lost a playoff game yet in College or NFL. He doesn't shrink under pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Bengals can absolutely beat the Rams and they do have the better QB.

However, the Rams lost 5 games and they were to the Cardinals, Titans, Packers and Niners (twice).

Meanwhile, the Bengals lost 7 games. They were to the Bears, Packers, Jets, Chargers, Niners and Browns (twice).

I'm not completely sure the Rams should be the ones labeled "inconsistent".

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2022, 05:59 PM   #23
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Leave it to the NFL. Hamilton County wanted to host a Super Bowl watch party at Paul Brown Stadium and the NFL said nay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2022, 12:49 AM   #24
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Sam Hubbard gets it. Our timeline was all downhill after that.

And yes, this is a quote from a podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »