Home

NHL Trade Deadline

This is a discussion on NHL Trade Deadline within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
NHL Trade Deadline

March 9th is the big day and Sportsnet, TSN, and The Score will have wall to wall coverage. The 2 local 24HR Sport Radio stations will also have non-stop coverage.

Personally I don't think you're going to see that many big deals with a hard cap in place.

And with the trade deadline coming up, that means you get to hear idiots propose trades on the radio. Some clown just said the Canucks should offer up a minor league foward for Barret Jackman. I'm sure the Blues would go for that deal..........

I'm sure the Hawks, Blues, Pens, Caps, and Coyotes will look to deal their veterans. Even Sportsnet said the Leafs might deal McCabe since he's going to beome unrestricted after this season. Jokinen might also be available.

Hopefully Nonis can put down the timbits for an hour and actually swing a deal to improve the Canucks. We have cap room to make some deals. I would like to see a Top 4 D-Man and a veteran backup goaltender added to the squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #2
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NHL Trade Deadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
March 9th is the big day and Sportsnet, TSN, and The Score will have wall to wall coverage. The 2 local 24HR Sport Radio stations will also have non-stop coverage.

Personally I don't think you're going to see that many big deals with a hard cap in place.

And with the trade deadline coming up, that means you get to hear idiots propose trades on the radio. Some clown just said the Canucks should offer up a minor league foward for Barret Jackman. I'm sure the Blues would go for that deal..........

I'm sure the Hawks, Blues, Pens, Caps, and Coyotes will look to deal their veterans. Even Sportsnet said the Leafs might deal McCabe since he's going to beome unrestricted after this season. Jokinen might also be available.

Hopefully Nonis can put down the timbits for an hour and actually swing a deal to improve the Canucks. We have cap room to make some deals. I would like to see a Top 4 D-Man and a veteran backup goaltender added to the squad.
Predictions for teams with goalie "issues":

- Biron to Edmonton
- Roloson to Ottawa
- Colorado stands pat with Aebischer
- Vancouver will go with Auld in the playoffs; they should be looking at how much they'd have to give up for Toskala or Bryzgalov; if Edmonton trades for a starter, I think Markkanen ends up in Vancouver as the backup
- Luongo is not dealt until the offseason, if then
- Cujo is dealt before the deadline, but I can't decide where; I almost want to say that Detroit will reacquire him as a backup to Legace (since Osgood sucks), but that seems a little far-fetched
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #3
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

I hope the AVS stay pat with David. He's playing pretty well, and his performance in the Olympics can only help. I hope we can get some more grinders that can score off the 3rd line and 4th lines though.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Niity was stellar in Torino..... Esche can go..... anybody want him?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Does Weekes stay?
Rangers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Predictions for teams with goalie "issues":

- Biron to Edmonton
- Roloson to Ottawa
- Colorado stands pat with Aebischer
- Vancouver will go with Auld in the playoffs; they should be looking at how much they'd have to give up for Toskala or Bryzgalov; if Edmonton trades for a starter, I think Markkanen ends up in Vancouver as the backup
- Luongo is not dealt until the offseason, if then
- Cujo is dealt before the deadline, but I can't decide where; I almost want to say that Detroit will reacquire him as a backup to Legace (since Osgood sucks), but that seems a little far-fetched
Did you take the cap into account when you came up with these?
Old 03-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I thought Luongo is a Free Agent after this season?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #8
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Did you take the cap into account when you came up with these?
Yes. All of the players mentioned (except Luongo) are relatively cheap and/or a UFA this summer. I don't think the cap will restrict movement at the trade deadline as much as some others do, especially since most GM's are confident the cap level will rise next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »