Home

NHL Trade Deadline

This is a discussion on NHL Trade Deadline within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #33
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NHL Trade Deadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The days of buying success are over for the Leafs.
Getting knocked out of the playoffs in the second round every year isn't really a grat benchmark for success... :P
Old 03-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #34
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Interesting. I think Belfour's time in Toronto is up. He's OLD and it's showing in his play.
Corrected.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #35
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan
Getting knocked out of the playoffs in the second round every year isn't really a grat benchmark for success... :P
Sure it is success. Unless of course the only measure of success is winning the Stanley Cup every single year (which maybe it should be). But seriously, two conference finals, a number of second round trips, a couple first round losses. It's good money for the executives who sit on the board of MLSE you know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #36
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Also there's rumours that Bobby Clarke wants to get Todd Bertuzzi.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...72/1002/SPORTS

I would be shocked if Betuzzi is traded. The Canucks are in a win now mode and Bertuzzi's value is low right now. I would't trade him for 50 cents on the dollar.

Nonis said he hasn't been offering any of his core players in a trade right now. If the Canucks choke in the playoffs again, you will see some major changes in the off-season.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #37
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Another team i've heard in connection with Big Bert is the Ottawa Senators. I really hope they don't trade for this guy as I think they've got great chemistry right now. Why potentially ruin it with a guy that is still feeling the pressures of the whole situation with Moore.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #38
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

I was just watching Pratt and Taylor on Sportsnet and they said the Sens are interested in Bertuzzi. They even said the Sens might be willing to offer Chara or Redden for him. Both are UFA after this season and the Sens might not have the cap room to keep both.

I would LOVE to get Chara. I rate him as the 2nd best D-Man in the NHL behind Lidstrom. I would also take Redden for Bertuzzi.

That would be a huge blockbuster if it went down. I haven't checked to see if it works under the cap though.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #39
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Jeez I don't think they should trade Chara. He's the better of the two D men in Ottawa. The only reason i'd even entertain giving up such a good player is if I truly think this is a Stanley Cup winner.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #40
Yosemite Dan

OVR:

For any Leaf fans who are harbouring the delusion that Belfour will b traded, please take some medication. He has a no trade clause and the only way he agrees to be traded is if the team getting him picks up the final year of his contract which is just shy of 5 Million. Unless Isiah Thomas gets hired by some NHL team in the next 24 hours no team in thier right mind will want to pay a 42 year old goalie that much coin.(who has shown no indication that he has anything left in the tank and he's not dogging because he would love for the Leafs to pick up that option next year so he has alot of motivation to play well) The fact that Edmonton is rumoured is laughable because they are one of the last teams to want to throw 5 million around for an aging goalie.

There is also no way Chara is getting traded. He loves Ottawa and will almost certainly resign and Ottawa will not lowball him in the summer. Redden leaving is a strong possibilty though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »