Home

NHL Trade Deadline

This is a discussion on NHL Trade Deadline within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #49
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL Trade Deadline

I think that the Richardson trade is to help out the Marlies as much as anyone, because they are short of defencemen due to injury and could use one of their guys back. Richardson was probably the cheapest guy to plug the hole for a while. If the Leafs actually do think this is some sort of upgrade for the stretch run then I am going to have to hide my head in disgrace.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #50
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Colorado acquires goalie Jose Theodore from Montreal for goalie David Aebischer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/
Old 03-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #51
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Colorado acquires goalie Jose Theodore from Montreal for goalie David Aebischer.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/
Wow that's a steal for Montreal if Theodore doesn't ever get back on track.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #52
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11

Villie Neiminen (NYR) to San Jose for 3rd Rounder

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2360156
Old 03-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #53
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Wow that's a steal for Montreal if Theodore doesn't ever get back on track.
That seems like a risky move for the Avs. I wonder if this is part of some convoluted plot to get Luongo.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #54
Yosemite Dan

OVR:

John Ferguson must have a chemical imbalance. I can hear him now " Hmm, let's see how I can improve this team because of the 10% chance that we make the playoffs and have the opportunity to get swept in the 1st round. I know I'll get Luke Richardson because our team has a severe shortage of old slow guys who are 5 years past thier prime". I've heard it's for a 5th rounder plus a conditional 4th rounder as well. That's all they need just one more senior citizen to take playing time away from the young guys while giving away draft picks. Simply mind boggling. I'm sure that Ferguson is on the phone right now to see if Leetch or LeClair are available.

Great trade for the Habs in correcting the mistake of signing Theodore to a terrible contract in the summer. That guy is overrated and is ineffective without using huge pads and a howitser for a glove.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #55
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
John Ferguson must have a chemical imbalance. I can hear him now " Hmm, let's see how I can improve this team because of the 10% chance that we make the playoffs and have the opportunity to get swept in the 1st round. I know I'll get Luke Richardson because our team has a severe shortage of old slow guys who are 5 years past thier prime". I've heard it's for a 5th rounder plus a conditional 4th rounder as well. That's all they need just one more senior citizen to take playing time away from the young guys while giving away draft picks. Simply mind boggling. I'm sure that Ferguson is on the phone right now to see if Leetch or LeClair are available.

Great trade for the Habs in correcting the mistake of signing Theodore to a terrible contract in the summer. That guy is overrated and is ineffective without using huge pads and a howitser for a glove.
Ferguson's a puppet for Quinn -- I thought everybody in Toronto knew this. Quinn doesn't trust young players -- never has, never will. As long as he's there, it's creaky veterans all the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2006, 08:12 PM   #56
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Ferguson's a puppet for Quinn -- I thought everybody in Toronto knew this. Quinn doesn't trust young players -- never has, never will. As long as he's there, it's creaky veterans all the way.
I dunno, i've heard that Quinn will be canned this summer and Maurice will take over.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »