Home

The Lightning Blog

This is a discussion on The Lightning Blog within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will the Bolts end up in 2009-10
A: One of the best in the East/South East. 1 14.29%
B: They will make the playoffs but will not go far 1 14.29%
C: Improvements from the past two years but still no playoffs 1 14.29%
D: They will suck, as usual 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The Lightning Blog

the lightning...

i've believed these two clowns to be a bad joke from the beginning...they've made one terrible decision after another and this team is a joke now.

i read in Sunday's Tampa Tribune about a number of scenarios in which Vinny gets traded...the one that piqued my interest was a move to Los Angeles for a package that included Alexander Frolov, Jack Johnson, Thomas Hickey and the King's #1 pick. If they ended up getting Tavares with the 2nd pick and add this to Stamkos, Marty, Malone, (a healthy) Mesjaros - this thing could turn around....maybe take a flyer on a guy like Marty Havlat?

Honestly, this scenario excites me more than keeping Vinny...
Old 06-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #58
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
the lightning...

i've believed these two clowns to be a bad joke from the beginning...they've made one terrible decision after another and this team is a joke now.

i read in Sunday's Tampa Tribune about a number of scenarios in which Vinny gets traded...the one that piqued my interest was a move to Los Angeles for a package that included Alexander Frolov, Jack Johnson, Thomas Hickey and the King's #1 pick. If they ended up getting Tavares with the 2nd pick and add this to Stamkos, Marty, Malone, (a healthy) Mesjaros - this thing could turn around....maybe take a flyer on a guy like Marty Havlat?

Yea, interesting that you read that. I could not see LA throw their whole team at us for just Vinny and a pick. Hell, I'll take it.

The clowns of lightning owners seem as if they want us to fail. With all the stuff that we are getting, I thibk its going to be tough for them to not fail.

Someone needs to save the Bolts because, to be honest with you, these owners scare me. I'm scared of what ridiculous trade or signings coming up next.

I can only hope the best for my beloved team but until theese owners get their heads out of their asses, it's going to be a very loooong few years down here.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #59
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Actually i've heard that the two owners haven't been getting along almost since Day One. If i'm a Lightning fan I pray and hope that Barrie wins this power struggle as I think Lawton has the potential to be a pretty good GM and hey, they'd up the payroll under Barrie's leadership!

Overall though, players, agents and people around the NHL have said these guys are impossible to work with and that the franchise is a joke the way it's being run right now. Say what you will about the Lightning's fanbase (they have a strong hardcore base) but this year has done a TON of harm to the franchise and if this carnival act continues much longer it's really going to erode attendance and the fanbase.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #60
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Actually i've heard that the two owners haven't been getting along almost since Day One. If i'm a Lightning fan I pray and hope that Barrie wins this power struggle as I think Lawton has the potential to be a pretty good GM and hey, they'd up the payroll under Barrie's leadership!

Overall though, players, agents and people around the NHL have said these guys are impossible to work with and that the franchise is a joke the way it's being run right now. Say what you will about the Lightning's fanbase (they have a strong hardcore base) but this year has done a TON of harm to the franchise and if this carnival act continues much longer it's really going to erode attendance and the fanbase.
Exactly.

To be honest with you, I could see Koulous winning. He's the guy who actually moved to Tampa and seems to be more devoted to the team.

I would not mind seeing Berrie win. This guy may be a joke also but he's got money.

Lawton is a great GM and if he can set the owners strait I can see the Lightning become a team again. How can you not with Stammer, Hedmen, Lecavalier,St.louis, Malone, Meszaros and Ranger?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:21 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
the lightning...

Wow the Kings would be getting ripped off big time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #62
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Wow the Kings would be getting ripped off big time
I know. I would take that any day =]
Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, i felt the same regarding the kings getting taken on this deal. and the Tribune writer laid out about 4-5 other scenarios that were like this: 3 players (2 NHL ready young players and a top prospect) plus a number one pick. But the Kings deal was the one i liked best.

i just can't see vinny staying as helping this team...that salary will be an albatross, and i think deep down ownership wants to slide the "face of the franchise" role over to stamkos. he had a great second half last season and is showing to be a solid 2-way player.

i like vinny, but he needs to be a 100+ point guy and i really believe his game is starting to slowly decline...better to move a player a year or two too early than a year or two too late...
Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #64
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

Quote:
yeah, i felt the same regarding the kings getting taken on this deal. and the Tribune writer laid out about 4-5 other scenarios that were like this: 3 players (2 NHL ready young players and a top prospect) plus a number one pick. But the Kings deal was the one i liked best.

i just can't see vinny staying as helping this team...that salary will be an albatross, and i think deep down ownership wants to slide the "face of the franchise" role over to stamkos. he had a great second half last season and is showing to be a solid 2-way player.

i like vinny, but he needs to be a 100+ point guy and i really believe his game is starting to slowly decline...better to move a player a year or two too early than a year or two too late...
They should build the franchise over Stammer, and our Second pick(Hedmen). Vinny is great and promised to work hard, but I just don't get how is help is still needed..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »