Home

The Lightning Blog

This is a discussion on The Lightning Blog within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How will the Bolts end up in 2009-10
A: One of the best in the East/South East. 1 14.29%
B: They will make the playoffs but will not go far 1 14.29%
C: Improvements from the past two years but still no playoffs 1 14.29%
D: They will suck, as usual 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2009, 12:34 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: The Lightning Blog

I wouldn't trade Lecavalier.

I'd trade St. Louis, because Lecavalier is a center, and to me, those are much more important than wingers.

Especially because Stamkos is your next best center, and although he's probably going to be incredible in years to come, he is somewhat lacking as of now....

I thought Prospal was a center, but doesn't he play wing???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, i would...and i've clarified my position on this. i really believe that vinny has maxed out his abilities. i watch a TON of lightning games and he takes too many plays off. this team needs depth...as proved by pittsburgh and detroit (who are the barometers) there's no way tampa can compete.

i'd move him for 3-4 prospects, and montreal would be a nice destination for him. as much as i like vinny (and i'm certain that moving him would create a public relations nightmare), i'm fairly certain it's the best avenue for tampa's success long-term...but i also have a feeling this team may be relocated if things don't change in the next year or so...
Old 06-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 24

If I were TB, I'd trade Marty before Vinny, though I'd listen to offers for Vinny. But they really need to keep him around for a couple years unless they get a monster offer. It'd just be so tough to keep the fans if the team sucks and no Vinny.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

vinny has a no-trade clause that kicks in after july (not certain about the specific date)...and the deal is for 11 years. so it may be now or never. if reports are true, tampa is having financial difficulties - that may spur them on to move him and go for the youth movement. as one who lives in the suburbs of tampa and attends around 5-10 games a year, that would suit me just fine. it would be fun to watch, which is more than i can say for the last couple seasons...
Old 06-14-2009, 01:20 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
vinny has a no-trade clause that kicks in after july (not certain about the specific date)...and the deal is for 11 years. so it may be now or never. if reports are true, tampa is having financial difficulties - that may spur them on to move him and go for the youth movement. as one who lives in the suburbs of tampa and attends around 5-10 games a year, that would suit me just fine. it would be fun to watch, which is more than i can say for the last couple seasons...
Ah, ok. I remember the big deal now. Yea, listen to offers now, but only accept one that brings you at least 2 stud defensive prospects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #46
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

NOTICE!!!!!!!!---

****I WAS VERY TIRED WHEN MAKING THIS POST, I APPOLIGIZE FOR BAD GRAMMER AND SPELLING****

Personally, If I were Lawton, I would trade Lecavalier.

I think I may tear up the day that St.louis is traded or the day that Lecavalier is traded. Yet, I can see good reasons for both of them being gone. Mark my words, though, If Tampa trades both of them the lightning will not be the lightning and the fans will decrease to near none.

Reasons to trade St.louis-
He's great, don't get me wrong but he is getting old and does not have a monster contract like Lecavalier therefore making him quite easier to move. He is at the prime of his career and now may be the best possible time to trade him.

Reasons not to trade St.louis-Given the fact that he's not as "popular" or overated as Lecavalier, we may not be able to get that much out of him. Maybe a prospect or 2 and a solid Defenseman. Also, He is Bolts_26's favorite player.

Reasons to trade Lecavalier-He's a great, fairly young player. He has been in the all-star game for the past few years and has captained the Eastern guys in '07. He's very popular and we could get a huge deal out of him. It will add tons more depth and give us some solid guys and maybe a few prospects. It could be the deal that flips Tampa over, for the better.

Reasons not to trade Lecavalier-This guy is the face of the Lightning. Go to a Bolts game, the fans go nuts when he steps on the ice. We signed him to a long contract, lets keep it that way and have Vinny with us until he retires.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

in the games i've went to, i honestly believe the fans love marty more than they do vinny...i think "true" hockey fans know that marty comes to play every night and never takes a play off.

as much as i love vinny, there are times when he drifts and isn't as involved as he should be. he has a natural talent, but i wish he gave it more than 85-90%...
Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #48
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
in the games i've went to, i honestly believe the fans love marty more than they do vinny...i think "true" hockey fans know that marty comes to play every night and never takes a play off.

as much as i love vinny, there are times when he drifts and isn't as involved as he should be. he has a natural talent, but i wish he gave it more than 85-90%...
Yes, mkharsh33, completely agree. Yet, had to make reasons for both.

Seriously though, go to a hockey fan who is not big on the bolts and say "Lightning" I'm sure the first thing that comes to their mind is Lecavalier.

I love Marty, He IS my hero, hell, just take a look at my room. I think that Marty's work and determination is a reason that he should be with us for a long, long time. He never gives up, he always gives it his best, he's exciting to watch.

Am I saying that Lecavalier is a over rated crappy player? NO WAY! Lecavalier is simply amazing but I, as a fan, don't think he has that "spark" That Louie does.

I think that team-wise and financial wise, trading Lecavalier is a good option.

***PLEASE IF YUOU READ THIS TAKE A MOMENT TO VOTE, I WANT TO SEE EVERYONE'S OPINION!***

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »