Home

2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
While its cool and all that the're doing a free MLB sports package preview this week. If I miss any Bruins games due to Center Ice sharing its channels with the MLB package I'ma be pissed. No listings at all so far for their first or second game vs buffalo as far as I can tell on the guide itself.
Is it because it's being broadcast on a local or resident channel?

I know on mine, if a game is on Sportsnet or TSN, it won't show up in the regular Center Ice channels.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Is it because it's being broadcast on a local or resident channel?

I know on mine, if a game is on Sportsnet or TSN, it won't show up in the regular Center Ice channels.
If it were on Versus or NHL Network, that would be the case. They actually don't have ANY playoff games listed for center ice at all yet. Versus is carrying the Montreal/Wash game 1 and NHL Network has no games scheduled. Course if I were back home in Mass, I could just turn on Nesn, kinda at the mercy of center ice/Versus/NBC being down in Virginia.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
If it were on Versus or NHL Network, that would be the case. They actually don't have ANY playoff games listed for center ice at all yet. Versus is carrying the Montreal/Wash game 1 and NHL Network has no games scheduled. Course if I were back home in Mass, I could just turn on Nesn, kinda at the mercy of center ice/Versus/NBC being down in Virginia.
Gottcha.

But if my memory isn't completely shot, I think this was the case last year too. It was at the last minute any of the games showed up in the guide.
I remember freaking out too and actually called Bell to see what's going on. I thought I had to pay extra for playoff hockey, lol.
But they assured me it would be added shortly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Gottcha.

But if my memory isn't completely shot, I think this was the case last year too. It was at the last minute any of the games showed up in the guide.
I remember freaking out too and actually called Bell to see what's going on. I thought I had to pay extra for playoff hockey, lol.
Good to know Hank, we didn't get Center Ice last season so I was worried for a few there.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #77
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
That's bulletin board material right there.

The Sharks have earned that reputation though as they come up small more often then not in the playoffs. I hear some commentators saying that the Sharks are better equipped to win this year as they've won games by various means and how the Olympic experience was good for Thornton. The thing they neglect to mention is that both Thornton and his line mates were barely visible at all in the Olympic Tournament especially Joe who was nonexistent and when he had a chance to do something he'd often play small.

The thing is that the Sharks by and large don't have that grittiness to go into the corners and dig for the puck. They've added some muckers and grinders this year but you're still going to need the big stars to contribute.

I can see SJ probably beating Colorado just for the experience factor alone but they'll lose in the next round.
I can't say I have a great deal of confidence in the Sharks, either. Still, when the whole argument is based on "They've come up short before, therefore they'll ALWAYS come up short," it's a little weak. I remember a time when the general sports community was ADAMANT that John Elway, Phil Mickelson, Peyton Manning, and Alex Rodriguez "didn't have what it takes" to ever win a championship because of past failures.

Apples and oranges, I know, but I'm not willing to completely dismiss a team's chances solely on the fact that they've choked in the past. Red Wings fans will remember that Detroit were considered big underdogs to the Avs and Flyers in '97 because of what happened from '92 to '96.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #78
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
FAQ from their website:

Q: WHEN DOES THE NHL® CENTER ICE® SEASON BEGIN AND END?
A: The NHL regular season begins October 1, 2009 and ends April 11, 2010.

Q: ARE PLAYOFF GAMES INCLUDED IN NHL® CENTER ICE®?
A: No. They are available on national networks.

Q: WHAT NATIONAL NETWORKS CARRY NHL GAMES?
A: VS, NHL Network and NBC.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #79
All Star

DrJones's Arena

Quote:
Gottcha.

I take it you weren't living in Kingston last year? I don't remember a single playoff game last year that wasn't available on CBC, TSN, or TSN2.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
I take it you weren't living in Kingston last year? I don't remember a single playoff game last year that wasn't available on CBC, TSN, or TSN2.
Nope. Near Windsor.
I know that if games were on a resident station they weren't included in the Center Ice channels.
But every other game was.

I'd call just to make sure Realm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »