Home

Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs? within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs?

The Sharks are the 1990s Atlanta Braves of the NHL: They can tear it up when nothing is at stake but collapse like the stock market in 1929 in the playoffs.

Oh, wait: At least the Braves won one World Series in the 90s.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Most telling reason why Sharks are struggling in the postseason this year:

Thornton, Marleau, Heatley:
Goals = 0
+/- = -7

Top line has to be better. Even if they squeak by Colorado, they'll get murdered in the 2nd round if their 'top' line continues to play like a group of nancies.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
Pro

TSOLEliot's Arena

OVR: 12

Definitely need to play Malhotra and Setoguchi more...Clowe has been great. Thornton is not a playoff producer and just seems complacent. Same play that ousted him from Boston.

Even though I'm rooting for the Av's because they're the 8 seed, they've been completely outplayed at huge blocks of time in this series. Nabby seems shaky while Anderson very confident- it's like night and day even though their g.a.a. are probably similar in this series. Definitely huge disparity in save percentage.

Loved the 94 Sharks- Baker, Whitney, Ozolinsh. They were just so much more fun rooting for as an underdog.

Random fact: We named our dog after Irbe....I remember waiting in line for playoff tickets in the 90's...and my wife said that she couldn't believe that Irbe pissed on the couch last night. Got lots of bizarre looks from the people in front of us.

I still think the Sharks win tonight- but will lose to whoever they play in the 2nd round.

NFL- Eagles
NHL- Flyers
NCAA- Fresno State
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Most telling reason why Sharks are struggling in the postseason this year:

Thornton, Marleau, Heatley:
Goals = 0
+/- = -7

Top line has to be better. Even if they squeak by Colorado, they'll get murdered in the 2nd round if their 'top' line continues to play like a group of nancies.
In a way I agree with you. But to be honest Clowe and Joe P and Seto can be the first line and Joe, Marleau and Heatley can be the second. Think about it what line are you going to put your best D on. If you put it on Joe P. line then you have to worry about Joe T. line. I think it will wake up Joe T. line too.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
Definitely need to play Malhotra and Setoguchi more...Clowe has been great. Thornton is not a playoff producer and just seems complacent. Same play that ousted him from Boston.

Even though I'm rooting for the Av's because they're the 8 seed, they've been completely outplayed at huge blocks of time in this series. Nabby seems shaky while Anderson very confident- it's like night and day even though their g.a.a. are probably similar in this series. Definitely huge disparity in save percentage.

Loved the 94 Sharks- Baker, Whitney, Ozolinsh. They were just so much more fun rooting for as an underdog.

Random fact: We named our dog after Irbe....I remember waiting in line for playoff tickets in the 90's...and my wife said that she couldn't believe that Irbe pissed on the couch last night. Got lots of bizarre looks from the people in front of us.

I still think the Sharks win tonight- but will lose to whoever they play in the 2nd round.
If the Joe T. line get going and Joe P. line is still going the Sharks will be tough beat, but that is the key. So we shall see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
If the Joe T. line get going and Joe P. line is still going the Sharks will be tough beat, but that is the key. So we shall see.
lol
Old 04-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #23
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSOLEliot
Did you teach him all the usual tricks? Sit, speak, heel, be like wall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
How the hell are you a raiders fan and a chargers fan?

ANYWAY...I dont know, it just happens, pressure maybe. Dont worry its just 1 game.
Ha well The thing is I really root for the bengals and 49ers the chargers are my cousins team so I root for them when there playing and the raiders I like more then the chargers and would prefer them to win against the chargers but yea. ive always been a packer fan since favre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »