Home

Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs? within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs?

Well last night I watched my team once again loose another heartbreaking discouraging game in the last 50 seconds of the 3rd period I dont get it they were 1st seed 2 years in a row and once again they look like there going to loose to the 8th seeded team (not to mention I beileve they lost in the quarterfinals in the 07/08 season). Amazing I blame there coach I dont know why they got rid of Wilson I thought he was doing a adequate job. The sharks didnt look aggresive at all last night eh I just dont get it. Well at least my kings made it as well but I dont think they match up well with vancouver But will see tonight.

Also I was wondering I dont have cbc or versus channel or any other channel with playoff hockey. Does anyone know where to watch it streaming live online? I actually watched the sharks game last night streaming live however the video quality was just crap. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Why do the sharks suck in the playoffs?

How the hell are you a raiders fan and a chargers fan?

ANYWAY...I dont know, it just happens, pressure maybe. Dont worry its just 1 game.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Curse of the octopus. That's what they get for beating the Red Wings in 1994.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Complacency and poor work ethic for most of those guys on the ice. There are guys who bring it every night(Clowe, Nichol, Mitchel, Setoguchi, Pavelski, Malhotra, even Nabokov). The problem is that these are not their goto scorers. The guys who do put up the points only play when they feel like it(Thorton, Marleau, Heatley, Vlasic/excused for injury). And there are guys that make me cringe anytime I see them on the ice(Ortmeyer, Staubitz, Demers, Murray and Blake/excused for age). There's a lot of Defense in this last group which says it all.

You can't count on the last group of guys to change anything, so the success of the team lies with the middle group. They were on fire at the beginning of the season which accounts for the great reg. season record, but they've sputtered out not only since it's the playoffs, but for the entire month of March. Can they turn it back on? It's doubtful that anyone can turn it on just like that, but we shall soon see.

Last edited by andayaman; 04-17-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Pro

I'm gonna go ahead and add Danny Boyle to the bottom of the list, forgot about that guy. Couple nice goals last couple of games. Rob Blake with an assist to Vlasic's neck for a goal and Douglas Murray(UGH)with an assist to Dan Boyle. My goodness! These guys should be DQ'ed from the playoffs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 47

It happens. We have dominated this series, but are down 2-1. We need too win next game no matter what if we do we have home Ice advantage again. I think Boyle will come out smoking next game. A long with Heatley if he plays and is healthy.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
Pro

You're an extreme optimist Scott and I respect that but the only only thing the Sharks have dominated in is being mediocre. SOG counts for **** if you're putting shot after shot up, not actually expecting anything to go in. Heatley will be a ghost like he has been for the last two months and the the only thing Boyle will be smoking is a blunt.

These guys have no heart, and that's the reason they fail at the end of the season.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 47

And yet they came back with a 30 second to tie the game and then won it in OT. Yeah they have no heart. Maybe in past they failed, but this series has been some bad luck, but **** happens and that is hockey! I will say this Marleau and Joe and Heatley have to rise up if they don't then I would say you are right. But they have a guy you can build a team around. Seto, Clowe and Joe P. Are very good! And Clowe is a beast in the playoffs. Next game we will see what the heart is in this team. Let us see how the pick up Boyle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »