Home

NHL 2017 Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on NHL 2017 Off-Season Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NHL 2017 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I'll miss Drouin but this seems like a no brainer for Tampa. They were most likely going to lose someone to expansion or RFA and really needed some D whether he's ready to go now or further down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Talking heads on TSN say that Sergachev is a potential top-pairing dman, capable of producing offense at the same level as Hedman.
If he pans out, this is a great deal for TB.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Sounds like Oilers and Habs are among teams on Phaneuf trade list.

Habs wise, wonder if that'd tie in with Galchenyuk. Sens could use a good forward and Habs wanna trade him for a d-man.

Oilers obviously could use some D also. If you believe the reports that Sens would need to retain salary or take back a cap filler, we could see Oilers throwing in Fayne as a cap filler and dealing one of the many younger pieces they got. Or even draft pick.
I don't watch a lot of Oilers games, but I'd like to see RNH go someplace he can be a top-2 centremen.
I believe he was mostly used on the 2nd line once they moved Draisatl to the wing, correct?
Or is the plan to eventually put him back to C?
Old 06-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #75

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I don't watch a lot of Oilers games, but I'd like to see RNH go someplace he can be a top-2 centremen.
I believe he was mostly used on the 2nd line once they moved Draisatl to the wing, correct?
Or is the plan to eventually put him back to C?
RNH to Habs
Galchenyuk, Fayne to Sens
Phaneuf, Pick from Habs and Sens to Oilers

Something like that? Habs get a better C, Sens improve on offense, Oilers get a big Dman. And doing so allows Sens to keep their other D, and Oilers with more than enough space to go out and try getting Shattenkirk and an Oshie or Thornton.

What a D that'd be for Edmonton :
Larsson, Klefbom, Phaneuf, Shattenkirk, Sekera and Nurse. All while having Mcdavid leading the way on offence.

Last edited by Majingir; 06-16-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #76
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Shattenkirk is with the Capitals though it sounds like he won't remain there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #77

Majingir's Arena

Lol. Jackets deal their 1st rounder to Vegas to select one of 3 specified guys. Big part of this is because of the Clarkson deal they did with leafs. Clarkson has a nmc so he's autoprotected. Meanwhile, leafs have Horton on ltir and he doesn't count as draft eligible.

Jackets are sad to watch. One of the least successful of all expansion franchises. Almost 20 years later haven't consistently been able to give fans a reason to support them. Just horribly run franchise, and after finally having a season like they did this year, they give up a 1st rounder due to poor long term management.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #78

Majingir's Arena

So much for the hype of huge amounts of trades pre expansion. Another case of media trying badly to draw attention to themselves.

Only other deal was Mike Smith to Flames.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:14 PM   #79
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
So much for the hype of huge amounts of trades pre expansion. Another case of media trying badly to draw attention to themselves.

Only other deal was Mike Smith to Flames.
There were a couple of young defensemen on the move. Nathan Beaulieu sent to Buffalo for a 3rd, Mirco Meuller and a 5th to New Jersey for a 2nd and a 4th. Montreal probably wants to protect Davidson or Benn, and San Jose had too many defenseman to protect.

Clarkson is not eligible to be selected due to his injury status; he is going to be the next Pronger/Savard. Jackets want to move his contract because they can't put it on IR until the season starts and they're near/at the cap limit. The Jackets have too many forwards to protect, so they're probably trying to swing a deal and kill two birds with one stone.

I'm just hoping Holland doesn't do something dumb like protect Helm, Kronwall, Ericsson, ect. We're not exacted loaded on the back end with young talent, thus losing someone like Oulette or Jensen would be bad asset management.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #80

Majingir's Arena

10am est is when we find out the protection lists of all teams. Those mock expansion draft tools will be fun to use once all that is official. Let's see who can make best team under all the requirements.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »