Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 - Impressions

1. Have you seen any lead changes between AI cars, or once an AI car gets in the lead, does it pretty much stay there?

2. Is there any jockeying for position amonst the AI cars in the pack or do they pretty much just stay in the same positions throughout the race?

3. how about a pick of the post-race rundown page, showing starting and finishing positions and laps led? (which might answer some of the above questions)
Old 03-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #58
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Judge
Disappointed by the pics showing no body damage during crashes. Couple of questions--

1. During crashes was there smoke, tire marks on track, oil on windshield, etc. or anything else like in the promo videos? (I wouldn't mind it not showing up in replays as long as it is in there when it happens)

Absolutely there was smoke, tire marks...etc...etc. There was every indication that a massive accident had just happened, but just not enough physical body evidence, until after the wreck.

2. Even though damage not shown in pics during crash (from replay I assume), once race restarts do the cars involved have crumpled fenders or other evidence of being involved in crash (as was shown in some of the early gameplay videos)? If so, how about some pics showing how trashed you can get it after a few big ones?

Once the replay starts you can see heavy damage all over the place, including your own car. I will post a pic later today of a car with heavy damage...after the replay is over.
3. Can you tell whether damaged car affect speed, handling, etc.?

Both my car, and the AI car we severly crippled after the wreck. Even after we pitted, we just could not stay with the rest of the pack, and hold or speed. Hell, it was a struggle to hold a straight line.

4. And, in your Daytona race where you said there were some AI crashes, do those cars straggle around the track for the rest of the race (as in real life) or are they able to (unrealistically) run in the pack full speed?

Yeah, the cars at Daytona that were involved in the bog one, they were no longer a threat to anyone ion the pack. It might as well have been a DNF for them.

Thanks.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 03-24-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #59
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Judge
1. Have you seen any lead changes between AI cars, or once an AI car gets in the lead, does it pretty much stay there?

I have seen mulitple cars fight for the lead, take different lines, and takeover the lead of a race. I have not seen any evidence of rubber band AI, or GT5 type of running 1 line. There seemed to be a lot of independant style driving from the AI.

2. Is there any jockeying for position amonst the AI cars in the pack or do they pretty much just stay in the same positions throughout the race?

Bro...AI cars were all over the place trying to fight each other for position. I would see them take the lead, fall off, fight their way back up....all different scenario's,

3. how about a pick of the post-race rundown page, showing starting and finishing positions and laps led? (which might answer some of the above questions).

The post race rundown is pretty bland(unless you win the race...which I have not done yet. I can gran a screen cap if you want, but it's literally just text with your basic informative breakdown of the race

Old 03-24-2011, 04:58 PM   #60
Rookie

Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

Thanks for responses to both sets of questions. Looking forward to picking it up Tuesday. Only downside is TW coming out same day with Augusta, which is something else I have been waiting on for ump-teen million years. Going to be a long night Tues for sure!!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #61
Rookie

how do the engines sound? and have you seen the pit stops yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great impressions!! How is the sense of speed w/ cockpit view? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #63
Rookie

How about the Spotter? Does he accurately tell you if you got cars around or if you´re running 2,3 or even 4 wide.
I´m rather worried about this point as the video footages that we´ve seen indeed included a spotter voice but he almost never told you anything about that.
Thanks in advance for your reply.

~HendrickRules
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #64
Rookie

videos? possibly

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »