Home

iRacing after 9+ years

This is a discussion on iRacing after 9+ years within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #41
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: iRacing after 9+ years

I was running top 2 the entire race, the team gave me a good setup rather than the fixed set. Got spun into 1 on the last lap finished 10th. Looks like it will be scrapped though since they set it up with the wrong points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 11:42 PM   #42
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
I was running top 2 the entire race, the team gave me a good setup rather than the fixed set. Got spun into 1 on the last lap finished 10th. Looks like it will be scrapped though since they set it up with the wrong points.
10th isn't bad. What split?

I ran in 2nd most of the time on the high line. I stayed out on the first caution and had to pit under green. That's where I fell back and ended up in the pack that got wrecked.

I saw the points fiasco. I had a good time tonight. The high line was really fast. Hopefully, the rest of the races are this good.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I decided to race NiS Fixed again for the first time in over a year this evening. I was car #27 in top split and I puddled around in the back for 65 laps before my screen went black (I decided to race on the monitor rather than the Rift for the longer race). I think my HDMI cable came undone, at least I hope that's all it was. Nice waste of an hour. I had a pretty good time without the Rift, actually. A little less fatiguing and it is a lot easier to get set up to race when I don't have to get the Rift working right...

Kind of frustrating as I kind of psyched myself up all week for getting back into NiS, and then to have technical issues ruin it is just... Maybe I'll give it another go Sunday evening, but I'm not so sure.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

I ended up running an A Fixed race last night after being frustrating after the NiS race. Pretty fun. I decided to upload it to YouTube to see how it was. Unfortunately, I don't know how to stop in my pit stall, apparently.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

I ended up getting to race the Sunday night top split NASCAR iRacing Fixed Series race. Pretty fun!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 11:09 PM   #46
MVP

jct32's Arena

Nick, saw you ran the WoO qualifer tonight. Good job on a good finish. I was running about 8th after racing in and winning the B main when I got punted. Had a 17th finish and I'm licking my wounds.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #47
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Thanks, that was one of the hardest tracks I have had to race in iRacing, just trying to survive mid pack and run the high side without eating the wall.

I chickened out on using a setup i worked on before the race, which my brother used and ended up getting a heat win and 2nd in my A main

Hopefully they get this cushion sorted out to open up a few more options, at least the risk factor is there with it.

Have to say trying to make the race out of 30+ people is really fun though, brings a whole new side to iRacing, having the chance to be eliminated.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:43 PM   #48
MVP

jct32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
Thanks, that was one of the hardest tracks I have had to race in iRacing, just trying to survive mid pack and run the high side without eating the wall.

I chickened out on using a setup i worked on before the race, which my brother used and ended up getting a heat win and 2nd in my A main

Hopefully they get this cushion sorted out to open up a few more options, at least the risk factor is there with it.

Have to say trying to make the race out of 30+ people is really fun though, brings a whole new side to iRacing, having the chance to be eliminated.
Haha, that's funny about the setup. I heard someone who was really fast used the default so I ran it and I did pretty well with it. Yeah, the cushion on that track was insane. Like I said I had bad knowledge and thought the winner of the B Main was the only one who advanced. So I was pushing hard on the cushion in the B Main in order to win it. Won by 4+ seconds but it was an unnecessary risk.

The adrenaline of trying to race into the A Main was awesome. The only thing is that I wish is that the C Main and B Main worked as they do in real life instead of being parallel consolations. Anyways, I'll be excited for the race next week even though Williams Grove is my least favorite track out of all the dirt tracks.

I wish all dirt racing could be that exciting where you have to race into the A Main instead of the way it is now where only one person really gets eliminated. They need to do something about the splits. I say if it is <48 cars then run C and B Mains and don't split it, but I doubt they will change anything because they haven't even implemented heat racing into league racing. Why would they step out and try something new with the official series?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »