Home

Old 08-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #73
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Idea for 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
According to the EA guys it is not. It is a user catch. They have 4 different catches in the game. User, Rocket, Spectacular and MIR.

I'll be saving my $60 this year....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I just want to know what EA has in the game to deal with that? People begged for fades inside the red zone and the only way EA knows how to do that is what you see on that video. But then there are not limits on where people can do it. So we got what we asked for They want you to be able to use your WR's height and jumping ability in red zone situations. But they want you to also be able to defend. I'm not sure how it is going to work out. In talking with them, it did not sound that difficult to pull it off on the goal line.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I believe Ian alluded to using the hit stick as the antidote to these kinds of catches.

I wouldn't have a problem simply not usering those plays, or not doing the pull up, strafe and jump. It's not like that situation comes up a ton or like there aren't other plays to run.

Personally, I would much rather take a sack, live with a defensed pass, or call a different type of play than score a TD with this mess. There's no TD I want bad enough to follow the approach in that video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #76
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
What's funny is I showed this to the EA guys and they said that this was not a rocket catch. They said that's what guys do in the NFL on the fade route right? I said but look at the DB. Their response, it's the A.I. If it is a human playing they have to switch over and defend. They considered this a "user catch."
Yeah that is a rocket catch.

I don't think the problem is the playbooks, it's the user calling the plays. Everyone should mix up their play calling and don't fall in a comfort zone by relying on "money plays". You should work under several different formations and call all types of plays not the same 4 or 5 plays.

I have no problem if we have exclusive playbooks but we have to allow people to at least use generic 3-4 or 4-3 playbooks.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #77
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Yes you can spot light the RB when he is in the Wildcat. In that formation he is now the QB. Use QB spy hot routes. He is now spotlighted.
ok, thanks. I didnt know that.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #78
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
What's funny is I showed this to the EA guys and they said that this was not a rocket catch. They said that's what guys do in the NFL on the fade route right? I said but look at the DB. Their response, it's the A.I. If it is a human playing they have to switch over and defend. They considered this a "user catch."

Hey LB. I was reading another leagues thread. What is a Jetpack?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 22

The rocket catch is a little annoying, but I don't care because I hopefully won't encounter that when I play anyone in this league. If all I cared about was trying to play sim games against randoms then I would be pissed. But with the group of guys we have in place in this league, it really shouldn't be a problem.

I also like the idea of keeping your teams playbook as is. My only exception to this would be if you are building your team around a style of offense you would like to run...same could be said for defense. After the end of the first season once we head to the draft and all of the offseason moves, I'm assuming that some of our teams will look completely different. Look at what Bayern did with the 3 headed monster receiving core. He needs a spread attack to cater to those receives abilities. My opinion is that we should keep the team playbooks in place and perhaps only make a change when we are advancing to a new season.

As far as team selection goes...I wouldn't mind switching it up a bit. A random team draft could be very fun, although I know some people would not be down with it. I just think switching it up a bit could add to the excitement of the league. I made the switch to the Cowboys in the middle of season 1.5 and stuck it out battling 3 great opponents for the remainder of the M10 league in the NFC East. However, getting in a new division with a new team seems like a great oppurtunity to build new rivalries and competition. I'm down for whatever, but if it comes down to it I may be looking to trade the Cowboys just get more playtime with other users in the league that I enjoy to compete with or haven't had much of a chance to compete with.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Hey LB. I was reading another leagues thread. What is a Jetpack?
You know the funny thing is all of these terms have traveled and people do not even agree on all of them anymore. The EA guys I talk to say rocket catching is when your WR is running full stride on a streak and you stop on a dime and go up for it. But I think back in 2003 Madden that was called jet pack lol. Then there are spectacular catches and MIR catches. MIR is more clear than anything. MIR = 50 plus yard bomb with the WR going up for it. Rocket Catch and Jet Pack seem to run together from what people describe depending on who's describing it and what routes they are talking about. Spectacular catch is pretty clear I think. This year they have some jumping 1 handers where the WR tips the ball back to himself. I have seen this in the demo (my short time with it). As long as it is defensible like they say things should work out. IF not I will not play lobby games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »