Home

Old 08-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #105
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Idea for 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I don't like the OT's reaction, but it's cool to see a DE get up field.

What still sucks is if the OT does engage the DE, the DE has to stop & patty cake until someone wins. One of my biggest wishes is egaged player mobility. I want to see the OT get his hands on the DE without them getting stuck in mud.

The same is needed for outside runs so d-linement can flow towards the ball while engaged.
Bezo, you get yours already? And yeah they told me they could get the DE's to run up the field, just no quick win animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #106
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
What's funny is I showed this to the EA guys and they said that this was not a rocket catch. They said that's what guys do in the NFL on the fade route right? I said but look at the DB. Their response, it's the A.I. If it is a human playing they have to switch over and defend. They considered this a "user catch."
Wait, wait, wait...

Are they saying that the CPU DB's reaction is intentional?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #107
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Bezo, you get yours already? And yeah they told me they could get the DE's to run up the field, just no quick win animations.
Yeah, I got it.

Maybe quick wins & engaged player mobility will hit next year.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #108
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Wait, wait, wait...

Are they saying that the CPU DB's reaction is intentional?
I got, well this is what NFL WR's are taught right? To come back to the ball and box the defender out by going up for it. Then I said yeah, but that is not what NFL DB's are taught to let another man put his sack on his head and just stand there and do nothing. "you'll have to defend it." Then there was the level of play conversation. That doesn't happen on All pro or all madden.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #109
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
I don't like the OT's reaction, but it's cool to see a DE get up field.

What still sucks is if the OT does engage the DE, the DE has to stop & patty cake until someone wins. One of my biggest wishes is egaged player mobility. I want to see the OT get his hands on the DE without them getting stuck in mud.

The same is needed for outside runs so d-linement can flow towards the ball while engaged.
No offense, BezO, but you are well known in the Madden threads for being relentlessly critical of the game. In this league, we actually try to enjoy the game, and we purposefully avoid the main threads so that we don't get bogged down by the incessant complaining.

We already have LBz to tell us everything that's broken. He did that ad nauseum last year, and appears to be doing the same thing this year. One is enough, I think.

Could you please, please refrain from bringing that stuff in here? There's a whole series of threads for you to put this stuff in the main Madden section. This section is reserved specifically for ACQB members to discuss our league and our games.

No beef here, just a request to honor the spirit of this league and its threads. I don't care what you post in other threads, I just would like you to leave this one alone for the reasons stated above.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 21

OK, Devils advocate.........

Yall know I dont rocket catch.

Ian and the EA bunch says it can be defended. That said, if someone chooses to use this EA backed feature, how can anyone get angry about it ? Its a feature of the game ........

Remember, this is a debate about this, not a approval of it.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #111
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Tomb, I respect your views, and you do a good job of making sensible objections or counter-arguments on issues like this.

This would be my response:

--In the video LBz presented, there's a clear attempt to pull up short, strafe, square, and rocket, no matter what the nomenclature is for that type of catch in EA speak. I think that's generally viewed as a tourney move and thus not something ACQB is interested in.

--Ian has suggested that the remedy is the hit stick, so there appears to be a counter.

--Even so, should this be allowed because it has a counter in the technical sense, I'm positive that the league does not want gameplay to come down to rocket catches and hit sticks. If that were the case, we would all play lobby games and join typical Madden leagues. We all know that's not what we're here for.

So I'd say that the reason for disallowing it is aesthetic. I don't want to play a game that looks like that because it doesn't look like fun and it doesn't look like football. It looks like Madden Challenge. If this stuff is allowed, it will become common, and as a consequence, league play will suffer.

To me, it is a flagrant attempt to take advantage of a cheesy thing that the game allows you to do. I feel the same way about nanos.

Others may view this differently, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 21

If the hit stick is the only counter to these user catch/rocket catch, then yes, that would truely suck.

If however, there are other football ways to counter these catches, wouldnt it be wrong to ban the user catches ?

Now I am not advocating people building their offense around "user catches" as most tourney guys do. However, If one of our league players has a WR noted for making these kinds of catches or has the ratings to make him the ideal WR for these kinds of catches. I would think in the red zone those user catches should be allowed(remember this is based on there are ways to counter it)

Here is another issue that ties in with this. Should this league be brought up to the level of great players, or brought down to the level of those who are not willing to learn to play the game within the scope of the games features(the ones that work as they should and have proper counters)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »