Home

Game scheduling proposal...

This is a discussion on Game scheduling proposal... within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Game scheduling proposal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey guys,

I had the luxury of playing a season in Old Timers, and they are able to move their league along really really well. They were able to complete all 10 seasons last year and are now in their 3rd season this year. The reason is because they advance every 2 days. On the second day at night, they advance. Initially I was against this for ACQB when TM brought it up, but after actually trying it in another league, it really works great. We go pretty long before playing games, and we might not make it too many seasons. THe more seasons we play, the more it makes the time consuming team management worth the effort. I'm on a limited time schedule myself, but I can manage to play every 2 days. Why don't we give it a try? We can do it for a couple of weeks and if guys are having THAT much trouble we can always change it back. it would be nice to play 3 games a week. Finishing the seasons quicker would be cool, so we could have a shot at getting in all 10 seasons and seeing how guys did building their franchises.
I'm with you, at first I was against a schedule like this, but after getting into the league, I found I am playing a scrimmage nearly once every 2 days anyway. But the only reason why I know this won't work is because we don't communicate properly. There's some guys who don't get on XBL for days at a time, and there's also guys who check the boards once every other day. In order for this to work, we need to have that communication. Otherwise we'll have more than half of our games through the season simmed.

RIP J.J.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
I understand SB, but in reality you are adding one game per week to your schedule. Is it really going to be that much more difficult? It goes a long way in advancing our season. You probably spent more time doing the draft than you will playing games. I say we go to it right away, if you have a conflict regarding the holidays, we can always work around it.
If we do it now, id like to see a soft advance/break schedule between christmas and new years

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I'm with you, at first I was against a schedule like this, but after getting into the league, I found I am playing a scrimmage nearly once every 2 days anyway. But the only reason why I know this won't work is because we don't communicate properly. There's some guys who don't get on XBL for days at a time, and there's also guys who check the boards once every other day. In order for this to work, we need to have that communication. Otherwise we'll have more than half of our games through the season simmed.
I wouldn't mind playing a game every 2 days cause when I'm not playing a league game, I'm scrimming with Jason. Can a majority of us deal with this schedule? I don't know. I think that the communication problem would be solved with scheduling games via cell phone; I have found it to be the easiest and stress-less way to schedule games.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Old Timers managed to do it without using a forum at all. I think we can do it pretty easily. Everyone should post their cell number and if you don't check the forum, then you can get a cell message. IF you have a deadline for when a game needs to be played, we just have a designated sub who will sit in for the owner who didn't show. It's really not that hard. If we keep things at this rate, we'll be lucky to get through 3 seasons. After seeing all of the effort that guys like Dubb and Surf did for the draft, it would be a waste to not play enough seasons to really see the fruits of their labor (and all of ours too). I say we finish week 1, then we advance every two days. The games advance at maybe 10 or 11pm est time on the second day.

If the week starts on Monday, then you play the next week's game on Tuesday night or Wednesday.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Old Timers managed to do it without using a forum at all. I think we can do it pretty easily. Everyone should post their cell number and if you don't check the forum, then you can get a cell message. IF you have a deadline for when a game needs to be played, we just have a designated sub who will sit in for the owner who didn't show. It's really not that hard. If we keep things at this rate, we'll be lucky to get through 3 seasons. After seeing all of the effort that guys like Dubb and Surf did for the draft, it would be a waste to not play enough seasons to really see the fruits of their labor (and all of ours too). I say we finish week 1, then we advance every two days. The games advance at maybe 10 or 11pm est time on the second day.

If the week starts on Monday, then you play the next week's game on Tuesday night or Wednesday.
I can see how that could work. The only thing I would suggest is that we maybe have a hierarchy of subs, only going 2 deep. I doubt that would be required but you never know. And instead of advancing at 10 pm EST, maybe advance in the morning. Not many of our games are played in the morning, and I for one, can normally only play at 10 or 11 pm EST cause I'm normally away from my house from 8 till around 6 or 7 that evening.

RIP J.J.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I can see how that could work. The only thing I would suggest is that we maybe have a hierarchy of subs, only going 2 deep. I doubt that would be required but you never know. And instead of advancing at 10 pm EST, maybe advance in the morning. Not many of our games are played in the morning, and I for one, can normally only play at 10 or 11 pm EST cause I'm normally away from my house from 8 till around 6 or 7 that evening.
Both great ideas heavy. Jason could advance in the morning when he gets up before going to work. The hierarchy of subs is an excellent idea. Jason, can we set this up?
Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #15
MVP

sb24's Arena

Quote:
I understand SB, but in reality you are adding one game per week to your schedule. Is it really going to be that much more difficult? It goes a long way in advancing our season. You probably spent more time doing the draft than you will playing games. I say we go to it right away, if you have a conflict regarding the holidays, we can always work around it.
You know its not even about me. This is similar to the playoff schedule issue. I was the main one saying slow down, but was the first to play my games. I even got the AFC championship game and Super Bowl played within an hour of each other.

Im not saying this for me. Im saying this because I dont want simmed games because the other guy isnt active. I dont want to have to hope the commish has time to boot him, and then have to hope there is someone willing to step in and fill in for the guy who just isnt active.

Heres the problem. You are getting opinions from the active guys that can do this. Thats great and all but like Heavy said we dont have enough communication. I have been saying for a while I would like to see a rule about using the scheduling thread. It will show whos active in getting games in. Look how long it takes TM to get people to sign off on playbooks and read rules and that takes 5 minutes out of someons day.

I am here to play my games more than build a team. If you can get all the guys to be active enough for this I wont be an issue, I will be happy to play. Im not saying no because of an issue for me, I know that the less active guys will be even less active during a holiday stretch and I dont want to get sim losses because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
You know its not even about me. This is similar to the playoff schedule issue. I was the main one saying slow down, but was the first to play my games. I even got the AFC championship game and Super Bowl played within an hour of each other.

Im not saying this for me. Im saying this because I dont want simmed games because the other guy isnt active. I dont want to have to hope the commish has time to boot him, and then have to hope there is someone willing to step in and fill in for the guy who just isnt active.

Heres the problem. You are getting opinions from the active guys that can do this. Thats great and all but like Heavy said we dont have enough communication. I have been saying for a while I would like to see a rule about using the scheduling thread. It will show whos active in getting games in. Look how long it takes TM to get people to sign off on playbooks and read rules and that takes 5 minutes out of someons day.

I am here to play my games more than build a team. If you can get all the guys to be active enough for this I wont be an issue, I will be happy to play. Im not saying no because of an issue for me, I know that the less active guys will be even less active during a holiday stretch and I dont want to get sim losses because of it.
With the system we are describing, there won't be any sim games. We will have a hierarchy of subs. If there is an owner who does not schedule a game prior to the deadline, then a sub will be assigned. So, for example, if the league is set to advance on a Tuesday morning, the deadline to SCHEDULE your game is 10pm est Monday night. If you have not scheduled your game prior to that deadline, a sub will be assigned to play the game for you. It's not that hard. Also, how many non-active owners do we have in this league? Not many at all. Why would we accomodate the very few inactive owners at the expense of the majority of active owners? Old Timers manages this really well, and we now have at least 4 Old Timers owners in our league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »