Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #25
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Video: North Carolina @ Duke

Eh.....

I'll be sticking with College Hoops with updated rosters.

I liked the Arena and I did like the spacing...but other than that... ....eh.

The animations are just plain choppy and not very fluid at all. There seemed to be a lot of "funky stuff" going on and the shots just don't look very life like.

EA has a long long way to go in the Basketball department in my opinion but it does show improvement. Maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #26
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

i hope i like the demo because i wasnt feeling the video. it looked generic to me.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:30 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 25

The demo will be the deciding factor for me as well. Based off that video I would have never bought the game. The whole thing is so stiff and jerky. Hardly fluid at all, and the rim/ball physics still looked awkward. Solid demo or bust.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #28
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Demo doesn't look similar to the live engine. If EA can take the live 09 engine and add in the ball movement typical of ncaa basketball the game could be great.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:55 AM   #29
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm not overly concerned with the choppiness or look of the game to be honest. If the game play and controls are improved I will be the happy.

But I agree with what a lot of people are saying, I don't see much NBA Live 09 stuff in this vid.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #30
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I'm still torn to whether or not I want to purchase this game or stick with CH2K8. It seems no one is making an updated roster for PS3 so I may just go with this game. It looks pretty solid, not to mention they have Oregon's jerseys and now Mac Court right so that's a plus in my eyes
Bigdmo,

We worked on the same 2K roster last year--TheAirUpThere's College Hoops unlockables. If THAT roster was updated for the '08-'09 season then I would definitely stick with it and not get EA's game. I know there are some other 2K rosters being updated for this season, but the one we worked on was the best in my opinion.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #31
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Bigdmo,

We worked on the same 2K roster last year--TheAirUpThere's College Hoops unlockables. If THAT roster was updated for the '08-'09 season then I would definitely stick with it and not get EA's game. I know there are some other 2K rosters being updated for this season, but the one we worked on was the best in my opinion.
Yeah that was a great roster. Its too bad no one wants to get a PS3 roster going. Like 4 people are doing a 360 roster and only one person has attempted a PS3 one and got no help. I'd help if I was good at scouting and stuff and knew about other teams, and if I had the time, but I don't have either of those so I can't really help out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #32
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

If NCAA09 is a big disappointment and unplayable like MM08 then I will probably return to the 2K8 project.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »